xisto Community
JohnNitro

Phys Health punching yourself

Today I discovered that punching yourself in the jaw to make it stronger is a bad idea. I was trying to see if punching myself in the jaw would increase the strength. It should at least make my jaw strong, but instead I hit my self too hard and my jaw popped and gave me a really hurtful pain in my ears. Now when I chew my jaw pops and this suck. It sometime gets stuck in place while I'm eating. I'm sure if your reading this you must be thinking "what an idiot", because I was telling myself the same thing. I think it was the dumbest thing to do now, but at the time it seemed like a good idea. If anyone know how I can fix this jaw problem please let me know because it suck when I'm eating or talking and my jaw locks. Thanks for the help anyone gives me.

Edited by JohnNitro (see edit history)

This reminds me of something like putting a stack of newspapers up to the wall and start hitting on them with your fists.But that does increase your strenght :)

You are right it is the dumbest thing I ever heard for a long time.Was this an effort to bring up your credits because that’s what this reads like to me.

Hey, hit your self in the jaw lightly a number of times every now and again when you have a toothache, works better when you have a toothache on the lower jaw :)worked wonders for me! seriously! no really!

You are right it is the dumbest thing I ever heard for a long time.

Was this an effort to bring up your credits because thatĂ¢s what this reads like to me.

-Rudy

It sounds like an effort to get credits to me....

but i have no room to talk seeing as how this is my first post ever.

:):)

Chew gum to build up your jaw muscles and for fresh breath :)I would say punching yourself in your jaw is not the best way to strengthen it because of all the different angles, which you seem to have found out by hitting it out of alignment. If you were going to do something like this, you need to hit the majority of your jaw as well as make sure it's evenly distributed at time of impact.There is body conditioning methods to increase the strength in similar means, but you should look at Shaolin techniques for correct ways of doing this as they have mastered the arts of this pretty good.There are other arts, that I've forgotten the name for that work on creating a deadly fist by continuously punching something flat, to bring all your knuckles inlined, this just increases the overall impact in your punch and also lessens the risk of shattering your knuckles.Cheers,MC

Dude - I've gone through the exact same condition - but not because of the exact same reason :) I had very bad nail-biting problems as a kid and that gradually forced my jawline to recede a bit. And because of that I used to get frequent jaw-locks.Chewing gums would build up the strength for sure, but along with that you gotta chew on bones too (chicken) - i.e. if you eat meat. I'm a dentists' kid - both my mom and dad are dental surgeons back home in India. If I start off about how to fix your jaw, it'll never end... lol.. but, you might need some professional help. In cases of severe jaw-locks (most likely you've dislocated you jaw by a good margin, and in one-shot) - you'll need something known as a BITE-GUARD. It's a sheet of very soft, thick & clear plastic, that is moulded into the shape of your upper teeth - the whole denture. You keep wearing that as much as you can and particularly during sleep. This thing will force a small gap between your upper & lower jaw - which normally is lacking and somehow (I'm not sure of the actual physiology behind it) - it relocates your jaws back into their respective position in due time... Remember, this won't get it done in a day - sometimes takes upto three months. But this is a small price to pay for - when you are facing a situation of life-long frequent jaw-locks... If nothing, at least get an X-ray done and see how far you've managed to shift it around.. You can stick it up on your wall and boast it off to your friends :)

No this is not a effort to make more credits. I learned something new and thought Id share my experience. Thanks for the advice. I did go to the dentist and they said that I shouldnt chew hard food and if I do take little bits. It suck when I chew on meat because my jaw will constantly pop, something causeing pain in my ear. I glad I that I was able to get a lot of advice from you all that gave it atleast I know that Im not alone in the areas of messed up jaws and trying to increase my overall boby strength. :) Ill make sure next time I look for the pro way to get a stronger body. I do love those old kung fu flix.

OMG LOOOOOOOOOOL HO MY JESUS CHRIST THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THINK IVE EVER HEARD !!!heres another one:"why did maths book commited suicide?""because it had a lot of problems !!"hahahaha........................not funny.

OMG LOOOOOOOOOOL HO MY JESUS CHRIST THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THINK IVE EVER HEARD !!!
heres another one:

"why did maths book commited suicide?"
"because it had a lot of problems !!"

hahahaha........................not funny.

I think it's even more funny that this is the funniest THINK(thing) you have even heard. Making spelling errors while making fun is pretty funny too.

Why would you attempt something like this? There are other ways to make yourself stronger, you know?Guess you know that now. :DAnyways, I would recommend seeing a doctor/dentist and seeing if you have dislocated it or fractured it. You will probably have to have it bite onto something and move it around lots.Good luck! :)

Ah...have you tried to go to your GP and ask them? That's all I can think of for now. Dw, people have done a lot of stupid things thinking that it would make them prettier/stronger/more loved/etc. :ph34r:

Hey sorry if I am a bit late here, but MicroScopic is that true?My missus has the problem you have been describing I believe with her jaw, she is under the impression it will need surgery to fix it.I can sometimes hear it dis-lodging when she eats/chews and even speaks.The thing that caught my attention is that she is also a very bad nail biter (hands and toes unfortunately) and it's also caused some of her fingernails to be far too short and mess that particular area up quite badly.If there's evidence to support it, I might finally be able to get her to rid herself of some more bad habits (she's very recently discovered the consequences of some bad habits I have been complaining about her to fix for some time now).