xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stumpknucklez

New Cancer Treatment?

it was on the new yesterday....they are trying some sort of new cancer treatment that targets only the cancer cells....it leaves the healthy cells alone...i think they said that the machine uses some sort of radio waves to accomplish the task....i hope it all pans out...it would be wonderful for all of humanity

I heard awile ago that they are only like ten years away from making a brain cancer vacine. You would still have it but it wouldnt grow. It would just be something you have. If you take cancer out of the picture i be people would live so much longer (if they didnt die of over weight cuz were the first generation to die before are parents)

I think that it sounds remarkable to hear that. Just to hear how far technology and medicine has come in the last decade or so. I pray that the treatment works. If people get their hopes up, and it turns out that it doesn't work then people would be disappointed. Hopefully we are only a decade or so from a cure, that would be truly amazing.And the obesity matter, people should workout. Even if they have to start out walking, just do what you are capable of and work your way up. I guarantee that if people would stop eating unhealthy foods and begin a workout routine, they would feel a world of difference. They would sleep better at night, they would have more energy, and they would just be happier.

Yeah I realy hope this is thrue for al cancer patients sake.

In my family we`ve lost 2 relatives to cancer and it`s something

I wouldn`t wish anyone to happen to them. Although it might come

to late for some poeple at least it will be stopped from killing thousands

of others.And I hope this new treatment will be used all around the instead of just a couple of hospitals,imagin you having and KNOWS there is a CURE somewhere in the world and you couldn`t reach for

some reason,money issue, healt issue etc etc.Could it be realy the end of cancer as we know it ?? I sincerely hope so!!

EDIT:

Yeah I realy hope this is thrue for al cancer patients sake.

In my family we`ve lost 2 relatives to cancer and it`s something

I wouldn`t wish anyone to happen to them. Although it might come

to late for some poeple at least it will be stopped from killing thousands

of others.And I hope this new treatment will be used all around the world instead of just a couple of hospitals,imagin you having cancer and KNOWS there is a CURE somewhere in the world and you couldn`t reach for

some reason,money issue, healt issue etc etc.Could it be realy the end of cancer as we know it ?? I sincerely hope so!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Im just glad to hear theyre actually doing something with all the research money invested into it... Although its nice hearing that theres close to a cure for all mankind to use and save themselves from the malicious carcingenic cells, but what I really think is they already have a cure...Its probably only for the rich people... That's why you see sooo many celebrities never die... With money you can treat anything... Hopefully one day we are treated the same.... =/Chin chin...

Until that we are stuck with the other unhealthy ways. W8 a sec, I just remembered something. There was a kind of experiment. They gave some cancer patients pills. Nothing special: some chalk and a flavor. Doesn't do anything. They told the patients that these pills were a new kind of wonderpills that could cure a body from cancer. Expectantly, these people went home and start taking these pills. Surprise surprise: they healed. And quicker than any other method. This shows once again that the most powerfull healing is within your own body. The effect that these fake pills have is called the 'placebo'-effect. It has also been tested with several other diseases, and it worked. The problem with this method nowadays is that too many people know about this. If you offer a patient such a pill, chances are big that he or she will recognize you are trying too give them a fake pill. So a good medicin against cancer will be very nice :(~Qop

That would be absolutely wonderful. The theory that Qop stated is interesting as well (and in my opinion, entirely true). Hopefully this new treatment will work very well, so that people do not come to dread it like they do chemotherapy.

Because cancer is not caused by a microbe or a virus, but rather because of radioactivity etc. (And ultraviolet stuff, and gamma and beta... ~light~ (is radiation correct?)) it will always exist. My hope one day my grand-grand-grand sister will phone to the school and say: "I just called to say Sophie isn't coming to school today, she's got cancer. I'm keeping in bed for a day or two, until it is over." Just like my mom would do if I have a flu. But that's not yet in it I'm afraid...

...my grand-grand-grand sister will phone to the school and say: "I just called to say... WAZZAAAA"

Sorry, couldn't stop myself =P

The problem with the placebo effect is it can only work to a certain degree of complexity of disease that it is destroying, and that "highest level" would vary between patients... also some people are assumedly immune to the placebo effect from being very curious or skeptical by nature. I beiueve the placebo effect works...just not that you can convince ANYONE to be cured of ANY illness...Also, as everyone else says I hope this cancer cure works out. Also they're still working on the more controversial genetic research which could in essence cure cancer along with coutnless other diseases. Stem cell research genetic modification, and cloning procedures could abolish cancer, birth defects, alzheimers, etc etc (well...it could hypothetically do these things). I did a reseach paper on this topic for a history class lately in university and I was impressed by how much the've done and how much they feel it could accomplish. Moral issues aside it seems promising. The only problem is wether or not its ethical to use the processes involved since you can argue you are "creating life for the sole purpose of ending that life". But its another alternative. Either way, cancer needs to be stopped, along with many other horrible ailments.