xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninjamunky

Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

Why wonWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I have an 8Gb touch and for some reason or other windows Vista recognized it for a while and then it decided it wasn't going to after that and every time I connect it to my computer iTunes syncs it just fine it's just my computer that won't. I have tried to uninstall / reinstall iTunes, restarting my ipod, restoring it even restarted the ipod services and it seems my computer can't recognize it.

Anyone got any ideas?

-reply by Bobbi

Why wonWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I have an 8Gb touch and for some reason or other windows Vista recognized it for a while and then it decided it wasn't going to after that and every time I connect it to my computer iTunes syncs it just fine it's just my computer that won't. I have tried to uninstall / reinstall iTunes, restarting my ipod, restoring it even restarted the ipod services and it seems my computer can't recognize it.

Anyone got any ideas?

-question by BobbiKeywords:

My ipod touch is less than a month old. The problem is probably not because your ipod is too old.

Still looking for the solution to this problem. Makes the ipod pretty useless.

-reply by Karen

IPOD TOUCH 16 GB not recognized in my vista laptopWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I do not know what the F*** is wrong with my ipod, it's not recognized in my vista laptop , it's only charging, I went to a Power Mac Repair center last week and when they plugged the ipod in their macbook, it synched just fine, Since my itouch is still under warranty, hopefully they will replace it withot many questions, brought my laptop that day and the MAC techs were witnesses that my Vista laptop wont recognize my ipod, I swear there's nothing wrong with my laptop,, my usb ports read my USB flash drives just fine,,did all that steps that support.Apple.Com  suggested..  did the reinstalling of itunes ,,,, checking if apple mobile drivers are working properly, they were all working well,,,,tried restarting my computer with the ipod plugged in BUT to no avail, I'm losing it, LOL , I'll keep y'all posted once the POwer mac center swaps me a new ipod (HOPEFULLY they will give me a brand new ipod touch), I noticed most cases involve Windows installed computers not recognizing ipoDS,, APPLE people,, WELL DONE :( clap clap clap, if only there are better storage devices other than iTunes :/

-reply by manila boy2

my laptop suddenly do not recognized my ipod after 6month using it..Before this, everything was fine..But I don't know why it suddenly happen..When I connect my ipod to my laptop,it recognized it as digital camera,and right after that,the laptop's screen turns blue..What should I do??

-reply by misya

iPod not recognised by iTunes in Windows XPWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I have just fixed my problem.   Opened Device manager and deleted Ipod from the imaging devices.  Then ran  documents & settingsall usersApplication dataAppleinstaller cacheApple mobile device support ??? AppleMobileDeviceSupport.Msi.

I have 4 versions of Apple Mobile Device Support in that cache - 2.1.0.25,  2.1.2.27, 2.5.2.2 and also 3.0.1.3.  I can't remember which one of these I used but it fixed the problem after I had deleted the 'ipod camera' in the device manager. I have no wish to break the computer again by trying different ones.

Hope that helps all of you . 

-reply by Pete A

SOLUTION to Windows Not Recognizing IpodWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I FINALLY found the solution Bobbi!! /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif 

I had an incomplete update (of the Ipod software) because of which the iPod software was not fully functional. I downloaded the software again (the option automatically shows on itunes when u plug it in). Make sure u do not disconnect your ipod while the software is being downloaded and installed. Once it has been done your problem should hopefully be solved.

However if it still isn't u can try following these steps given online by some computer expert

"Hello,No.1 My guess is that unfortunately you only have a partial (as opposed to a full and complete update) update & that means now your iPod software is not fully functional. Basically if you are unable to re-update your iPod it might require its base operating system software wiping and re-installing. No.2 This sounds very much the case if its still stuck in recovery mode & this means it cannot fully recover nor can it work as normal either. No.3 Your iPod must be fully identifiable by your computer & the windows operating system via uPnP (universal plug & play) BEFORE it can then use your internet connection >>to connect to the iTunes site and before you can download anything else. However, if windows cannot correctly detect your IPod its because the devices software is not now installed correctly. The Ipod needs wiping & re-installing sadly I doubt there is much more you can do yourself it needs an Ipod expert to fix this for you.Hope that helps?Kind Regards IvanComputer veteran."

[ https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212012658AAg7UVC ]

This is where I got my solution from.. Hope it works!

Good luck mate /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif

-reply by SOLUTION

SOLUTION to Windows Not Recognizing IpodWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

Replying to iGuestI FINALLY found the solution Bobbi!! :DI had an incomplete update (of the Ipod software) because of which the iPod software was not fully functional. I downloaded the software again (the option automatically shows on itunes when u plug it in). Make sure u do not disconnect your ipod while the software is being downloaded and installed. Once it has been done your problem should hopefully be solved.However if it still isn't u can try following these steps given online by some computer expert"Hello,No.1 My guess is that unfortunately you only have a partial (as opposed to a full and complete update) update & that means now your iPod software is not fully functional. Basically if you are unable to re-update your iPod it might require its base operating system software wiping and re-installing.No.2 This sounds very much the case if its still stuck in recovery mode & this means it cannot fully recover nor can it work as normal either.No.3 Your iPod must be fully identifiable by your computer & the windows operating system via uPnP (universal plug & play) BEFORE it can then use your internet connection >>to connect to the iTunes site and before you can download anything else.However, if windows cannot correctly detect your IPod its because the devices software is not now installed correctly. The Ipod needs wiping & re-installing sadly I doubt there is much more you can do yourself it needs an Ipod expert to fix this for you.Hope that helps?Kind Regards IvanComputer veteran."[ https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090212012658AAg7UVC ]This is where I got my solution from.. Hope it works!!Good luck mate (Y):D

-reply by SOLUTION

For the 2nd Generation Shuffle:1. Plug Shuffle into docking station.2. Wrap 2 rubber bands as many times as you possibly can around theShuffle and docking station on the side that has the docking post thatInserts into the Shuffle.3. Plug USB into computer.Solved.

my ipod isnt recognized by windows media player.Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

I bought my Ipod touch off of a friend. It will not pull up in windows media player. Another friend said it will only be recognized by the original computer it was synced to and as a result I have to "reset it." How do I do this or is it even necessary. (I don't want to lose the apps through resetting it.)

-question by Wilkey

I got itWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

The trick is easy you need to completely uninstallITunesQuickTimeApple Software UpdateApple Mobile Device SupportBonjourApple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)And then reinstall iTunes it is like the very first time that you connected you iPod to your computer. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by Karen