xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninjamunky

Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

i-pod not being recognised when you plug it on the usb

Thanks spans...Switchin off and on the hold button and then holding the centre button and the menu button for about 6 seconds until the apple logo appeared really helped...Thanks once again!

Chris

-reply by chris

thanks

Replying to iGuest

Thanks man I tried holding the menu and the center button for 6 seconds till the apple came and the ipod was detected thanks a lot man

-reply by jose

problems connecting ipod nano to windows vista

I�m having problem connecting my iPod to my computer which is running Windows Vista, Well when I connect my iPod to my computer it basically tells to install software for it but I didn�t get one with the iPod and I have heard that the iPod should appear in iTunes when I connect it but I didn�t and I do have the latest version of iTunes. I have tried a lot of stuff but nothing has worked yet so really hope someone can help me with it as soon as possible.

-question by masurina

Thanks iguest

My computer was not detecting my ipod and I tried everything even going in the registry but thanks to you whoever you are to let me know bout holding the centre and menu button...

Anywz how did you come up wit that?

Clever!

-reply by 1timecommenter

IPOD not recognized/error

Help,

I cant get the screen with the giant red x to stop poping up on my 160 gig Ipod classic. I can reboot using the select and menu buttons but it always goes back to the aforementioned screen. The PC will not recognize the IPOD either and yes I'm plugging the USB directly into the PC. HELP...Please tell me I don't have to totally delete I Tunes.

HELP!

sad ipod iconWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I got a ipod classic(monochrome one). When I switch it on it shows the sad ipod icon . When I connect to my computer it goes to "do not disconnect mode" and the battery keeps charging.The interesting part is the usb hardware icon in system tray indicates it has a mass USB storage device but itunes and windows explorer don't recognise the ipod.

Is this a serious problem. How do I resolve it.

XP not recognizing IPOD classicWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

MY problem was solved by using apple cable to connect from IPOD to the computer.   GENRIC Belkin cables DID NOT work for me.  It would charge the IPOD, however, itune would NOT see it.

Hope this help and GOOD LUCK!!

Yes... The same thing is happening to me... Thats how I ended up here. Itunes will recognize the ipod as corrupt but when I say Ok to the message saying, you may need to restore the ipod or just try reconnecting it then Itunes no longer recognizes the ipod.. And my computer keeps making the same sound over and over, if you say bee dooop outloud that is what my computer sounds like when I plug my ipod in. Regardless whether Its in disk mode.. Hell I even reformatted my ipod too. 

-reply by Patrick

windows cant recognize my ipod?Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

ive got  a ipod as a gift  from my brother.It  wasnt having a  disc.Now I want to download songs  but my  ipod does not work and whenever  I  connect it to  usb  it shows  cant recognize.Please  help  me

-reply by mohammed afser

Windows XP not Recognizinf IPOD - USB Driver IssueWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

The system not recognizing the IPOD is mot likely between the IPOD Classic and Windows XP.  It is usually a USB Driver problem.Caution.  Always make sure your computer is backed up before trying any of the folllowing.  If you do not back up your data and the following dumps anything, you assume total responsibility.

According to Apple:

Go to Start > go to Control Panel > Go to Adminstrative Tools, double click > Go to Computer Management > Double click and go to Services and Applications - look to the left (nomally) and find Device Manager.  Click once and look to your right where you will see "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".  Double click on "Universal" and the whole list of hubs, etc shows up.  If you see your Apple Ipod with a red slash near it, the USB driver may need to be updated.  If you see a Yellow! next to it, probably the same issue. Right click on the Apple Ipod in the list and you get a menu to update, uninstall, etc.  Try Update first and allow this time only for search for drivers.  Pay attention to the messages about backing up data.  If this works, great!  if not, you may need to uninstall Apple Ipod driver and then try to Install again.

-reply by Kate C

Windows 7 and iPod Nano 3edWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

Good day! I had same problem: my iPod was not recognized by OS. I ran  AppMgmt service (it was stopped initially) and OS downloaded driver and installed it. I reppluged iPod another time and everything is OK now.

-reply by Dmitry

Old Ipods work - New Video ones do not.Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

I have tried different cables and adding and removeing the software. Also per one suggestion I extracted the usb adapter msi and tried updating that with no luck. Is there a reg edit of some sort that my have been the cause of this whole mess. After my ipod touch was upgraded to 3.0 the whole problem started. The older ipods work fine.Anything with video ..No luck.

ipod 30 gb detection problem in winxp sp2Windows Not Recognizing IpodI got ipod 30 gb. My computer also didn't detect it & itune is also not detecting my ipod. I have itunes v8.2. I dun know where to download its usb drivers. Could any body tell me where to download drivers & how to detect...Thanks-reply by maddy