xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninjamunky

Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

** Here is what worked for me **Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

Here is what worked for me:

Go to the system's Device Manager. Locate the entry for the Apple iPod/iPhone. In my case, it was under something like "Mobile Devices" -- It was wrongly associated to the Microsoft MTP driver instead of the USBAAPL driver. You might need to select view->show hidden in order to see the entry.

Right-click this guy, and update the driver by selecting the location on the HDD by yourself. The location to the proper driver is C:Program FilesCommon FilesAppleMobile Device SupportDrivers.

You might need to resetart both Windows services: "Apple Mobile" and "iPod Management".

It worked for me.

Good luck,

Steve

Ipod Fix Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

In The Windows Search Bar Search For Services Then Select Apple Mobile Device and click stop then start hope it works /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gif

-reply by WestsideG602

I have the iPhone 3GS and it does not show up in my computer at all. I have followed several different steps to install it but nothing has worked. I even called tech support for Toshiba and restored my laptop to out of box state. I downloaded iTunes for 64bitVista but that didnt work and I assumed it wouldnt because my computer doesnt see it.Is there any explanation? I can plug in anything else to my USB ports but it seems to be an APPLE problem.-question by INEEDHELP

windows media wont recognize my ipod :SWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

Heeyy

I have an ipod shuffle and my computer recognizes my iPod but windows media player don't :/ and I don't no what to do please help ??? 

lauren

-question by Lauren

windows 7 & ipodWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

hey,

I just upgraded to windows 7 and now my computer won't recognise my ipod nano. I never had any problems before I did the upgrade. I tried reinstalling my version of itunes and installing 2 different versions of itunes I had saved before I did the upgrade and it still comes up saying the device is unrecognised and I need to replace the device because it's malfunctioning. I know there's not a problem with my ipod because it still works fine on my other computer which is still runing vista.  

ash

I just bought a new generation 5 ipod and had the same problem...Here is what fixed it for me in no time. Uninstall the following in the order shown. Must be done exactly...I Tunes, Quick Time, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, Apple Application Support...Reboot the computer...Then go to the Apple Website and download the latest version of ITunes.Start Itunes.Plug in the new Ipod and bingo it worked...This is what fixed the problem for me...Can't guarantee it for others but it may be worth a try. When I brought up Itunes after reinstalling it knew the 2400 songs I had previously.-reply by Bobby

how to sync my ipod touchWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

hi how can I sync my ipod touch with windows vista the sync center is saying that no mobile device can be synced with my pc any help would be brill

-reply by andrea

Not too painful work aroundWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

This worked for me:

- Disabled the ipod service (control panel -> admin tools -> services) - Connected the ipod - Assigned it a new drive letter (control panel -> admin tools -> computer management -> disk management) - Restarted the ipod service - Restarted iTunes

Bingo!

-reply by Patch

windows 7 ipod wonWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I have an 80 gig ipod and when I connect it to my new HP laptop with windows 7 nothing happens.  My computer doesn't show the ipod anywhere.  I have reset my ipod, put it in disk mode, restarted the computer reinstalled itunes and nothing works.  My Ipod works fine but won't connect.  what can I do this sucks 

-reply by shackleford

My iPOD Classic 80GB not being detected by my computer in Windows Vista...

nor in iTunes also...Plzz,suggest me a solution..!

-reply by Addy

Ipod Not syncing & not showing up in Device Manager - closure!Windows Not Recognizing Ipod

Hi All,

After trying for 1 solid week to get my 80gb Ipod to sync with my PC (did EVERYTHING including reset, restore, reinstall ituines, deleted / reinstalled USB drivers etc etc) - I have finally accepted that my IPod has just stopped working in terms of syncing. It happens. These Ipods just stop working properly after a few years. The strange thing is it plays fine, it charges fine - just the syncing is broken. After all my frustrations I very simply did the following to put closure on the whole issue:

-Conncted my Ipod to a Mac (my other computer) - it didnt recognize the Ipod

-Connected my friends Ipod Nano and Iphone to both my PC and MAc - BOTH SYNCED FINE! 

It sucks that I have to go spend $300 on a new Ipod, but at least I know its not my computer / drivers etc.

It has been an incredibley stressful week of trying to fix this problem - mostly becuiase I wasnt sure if it wa steh software, USB ports or IPod that was at fault. My social life, diet, general mood has all been majorly affected during this week. But at least I've put closure on everything now! Ipods can be so frustrating sometimes.

Marc

MY ipod touch wont be recognizedWindows Not Recognizing Ipod

I have an ipod touchand I love it very much it wont be recognized by my computer at all and um I'm getting mad and I know its some geniuses out there so please help me .

Will charging it up and putting it in my cpu solve my problem

-reply by timothy payne