xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webguide

Adsense RSS Feeds

From searchenginejournal.com

"There was some testing going on and discussions on yesterday about Google AdSense adds located in RSS feeds. Now, Weblogs Inc has announced that it is the first platform to test Google’s much-anticipated RSS advertising service. RSS feeds for The Unofficial Apple Weblog (https://www.engadget.com/topics/apple/) are now carrying Google AdSense powered contextually relevant text ads."

EDIT : OpaQue

More links related to Google Ads you might want to check out :P

Google Adsense Sucks - Pros and Cons about Adsense

More about Adsense

Google Adsense Tips

Best Ways to Earn from Advertisements

Google Adsense Colors

Google Adsense RSS Feeds

Google Adsense Important Tips

I don't like this... Personally I'd probably stop reading a feed if it started to have ads... Even if they were "relevant" (by google...). If there's really need for ads why not shorten the feed item text and point the users to the website to read the whole article, and to see them ads. Just not in the feeds please.

I su bscribed to a RSS feed that had ads a while ago. It got really annoying, half way down the feed there was always something like "LOWER YOUR MORTGAGE REPAYENTS NOW!" or whatever. It really got on my nerves.

Sooner or later, RSS feeds publishers will find a way to monetize their content and make money from their RSS feeds, although I must say it is difficult to strike a balance between not intruding on readers' space and finding a way to make money.