xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
l337 Nurse Pedestrian

Why Is Astahost Loading Slow ?

Hey Xisto - Web Hosting is great btw: I use it.Anyway, I was wondering, both of my computers have a cable internet, and it moves awfully fast on most other sites. Then when I come here, everything seems to slow down. Things take longer to load than usual. Is the server slow, is it something I did, or what? This really only applies to the forum part of Xisto, everything else is fine. Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

It may take longer to load due to the fact that it has so much information to load. My computer slows down a little too. If I've got a few programs open, it will occasionally come to a crawl. I don't think it's anything wrong with your computer.

What I think is the slowing down is caused by the Advertisement Server - the one tht generates random banner ads in between posts. Board without those ads work way faster - but you gotta have them here to support this free site. The ads one of the biggest revenue makers for asta and thus helps us provide you with this great free service.

Out of interest.. About how many clicks per day do you get for those ads and how much do you get paid?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on what kind of advertising server you are using. Refer to the Advertising forum for more details. :P

What I think is the slowing down is caused by the Advertisement Server - the one tht generates random banner ads in between posts. Board without those ads work way faster - but you gotta have them here to support this free site. The ads one of the biggest revenue makers for asta and thus helps us provide you with this great free service.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, it's the generator that's slow, not the connection of the server? Can't it be fixed or something to make it faster? It takes like 10 seconds to reload a page...

Maybe you could try the 'Lite' version of the forum. It looks crappy, and you can only view the forum posts from there, but it loads like a dream. :( - AlPal

So, it's the generator that's slow, not the connection of the server? Can't it be fixed or something to make it faster? It takes like 10 seconds to reload a page...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not unless you want to get rid of these ads, which would mean we'll pay for the free hosting. I don't think astrahost own the server that gives off the advertisement.

Ummm.......I agree with Neverseen said that only FORUM is just a it slow. The hosting itself is OK. My webpage also installed a phpbb forum are loading quite fast. What is the problem of that ? And I also aware the online people of Xisto . It is always below 50 , why so slow of loading a page ???Anyway , I must keep visiting Xisto , I hope it will be slove as soon as possible . :(

For me it averages out at 5 seconds for each load. Which isnt all that bad. The reason is all the data that has to be processed and all the servers it has to connect to. First it has to deside what country your from, then calculate what ads it should show now acording to that. Then, after it has connected to the different servers, done all the quiries, and found out what info it should send to your computer, then it does it. The prosess takes a while cause its so much information that needs to be processed and its not done locally ( I guess ). The information is send to the advertisement server which then desides, its nothing to do with this server.But its not really a problem, at least not for me.

Yup, its only the forum due to too much information accessed constantly... eventually itll get better... On the other hand, hosting is great... it is fast and reliable, I havent had any problems with it. I remember my old web host, that piece of junk sucks... Its always down for whatever reason... It got to the point where there no point in developing a website if nobody is able to actually visit it and check it out... I was reading a couple weeks ago, that the server is being updated... hopefully this is something they are looking into and make it better... But no worries, if you have any suggestion just go to suggestion and let them know... headbuilder and the guys at Xisto are great people and they will try to accomodate all our needs...PEACE