xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jipman

Hackers Challenge My own challenge for you guys

nice going MC you did it :P.To others, you might wanna READ the warning :Panyways.The password hmm well uhm.. i don't know... I hope you guys liked it, because I'm going to make another one :P

So now that challenge 2 is out, what was the solution to challenge 1 ???Will you be releasing any non php specific challenges ?im goot at those.. spoofing browser refere addresses and such with packet crafting software... (hping2 rocks, any1 tried it ?)

Challenge 1 Solution Guide:We open the page and already are confronted with a message.OK so we have something to go by, so why not just put that in the browser.That is easiest method to try out. Always look for the simpliest ways to doing something else you could spend hours and hours trying the most complex ways and get nowhere fast.How about viewing the source code, notice anything? It's a good idea to view the source code, and page properties just to reveal information we may have not seen.Lets just click the link to see where it takes us, ok now we're back at the same page, but now we've got the variable name with a set value, maybe we should change this value to reflect something else don't you think?Now we're getting somewhere.OK we're given another message, the wording used is very important. How are we going to use it though? Well, lets just guess that, and we'll set a value to what we already know.OK, we're on the right track.Did you read everything?There's definitely a clue with the warning which gets passed a value, we can see what it's trying to do, but where is it getting this from? You should understand this error message and what function it's trying to do.Learn about passing multiple GET methods and you'll figure this out, there's clues from the wording that will help you.I tried to hide relevant information to actually solving this, but you should be able to pass it.Cheers,MC

LOL.. i hate PHP.when im tinkering around with CGI, i tend to use bash scripts / java / native c++ compiled code rather than PHP..you probably think im mad..[joke]maybe we should agree on a secret code, like "Bannana Pie"If that word appears anywhere in one of your future channelges, i know it requres PHP / SQL[/joke]LOLohh, and thaks for this clue, it would have killed me it i never saw the end of the challenge.. even if i couldnt do it myself :P

Thank you mastercomputers for understanding my point :P (about hiding too relevant info :P )About the password,There is no use for the password as some of you may have noticed, but as with many things it's not the destiny that matters but rather the path to it, i made these challenges to entertain you guys and let you increase your skillz :P.So it's no use giving away the password since it is worth nothing, it's the path that leads to it that is more important.So I hope that you won't give too much of direct tips to solve the puzzle, rather give subtle hints.ps. If you pm me the password (which proves you successfully solved my challenge) i'll put you on the list in the start post of this topic.

hmm, it is more difficult to do challenges via proxy. Due to cache , a single error result in failure for a long time. I am not sure wether "Progma: nocache" is useful.

For those who have not yet got the answer.. Notice that the password file is already given but how will you use it.. when you go to the news page, there is an error over there which is a failure on loading the file with a language stuff..use that info to fetch the password..

Okay, here's a clue runefantasy, if you want something in life, just change the variables to suit your aim. Oh and by the way, you want to read the news, it's really interesting. ;Dlol, I am in the middle of solving this, it's hard! :lol:

I can not believe it took me so long to find it, I just completely overlook one lil thing and saw it now, and it was the solution. COuldn't have done it without MC's good hints though.