xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Houdini

Ok So My Posts Are Great Why dont I have a? site?

My little thingy about posting or whatever credits states that I have more than enough for a Plan 1 or whatever...Just what does that mean to me?

I make complete informative posts that probably really mean something although my spelling is not that great, that is why on my own site ther is a mod for checking your spelling...

I guess suggesting a mod that I write to port to this system would be out of the realm of the forum, but that is what I do and I look at the BB Codes and wonder ... why aren't they like mine?

http://dhost.info/content/view/104/ :P

Try that and this aint advertising it is a real site that does this stuff and I do this for free

Notice from microscopic^earthling:
Next time onwards, be a little more careful as to where your posts are heading for. This isn't the right forum at all. Moved to Software > Bulletin Board Systems > phpBB.
Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

That sounds pretty cool (btw, is your ooint taht you think this forum should ahvea spell checker?).THis isn't a phpBB forum, it's invision Power Board (by the looks of it, "Powered by Invision Power Board(Trial) v2.0.0 PF 3 © 2005 IPS, Inc." if you really want to know, :P), so your mods wouldn't be really applicable anyway.

Nice work - but as it's been pointed out, this board runs on IPB - and if you are willing to port those mods for IPB, we surely don't have any problems. This board could surely do with a spellchecker. Also your posts might have gained you enough credits for a particular hosting plan - but you are not granted a hosting account till you've filed a proper hosting request application in the appropriate forum. We have many different kinds of members here - those who come for hosting and those who come to just be a part of the board - so it's not possible for us to know who wants a hosting account, till you've made an application.Regards,m^e

Yup it can be done. There are existing mods for it - but first you need to compile PHP again with the --pspell or --ispell options - or else PHP won't be able to call aspell in the background.

Problem with this technique is that aspell eats up a whole bunch of system resources when used this way. So you can imagine how much load it'll put on the server for a busy board like Asta. Probably will land up with the same problems as Army System.

Nice work - but as it's been pointed out, this board runs on IPB - and if you are willing to port those mods for IPB, we surely don't have any problems. This board could surely do with a spellchecker.

Also your posts might have gained you enough credits for a particular hosting plan - but you are not granted a hosting account till you've filed a proper hosting request application in the appropriate forum. We have many different kinds of members here - those who come for hosting and those who come to just be a part of the board - so it's not possible for us to know who wants a hosting account, till you've made an application.

Regards,

m^e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Want a spell checker try this attachment

I am a new user.  After reading this post regarding NOT gaining Plan I after sufficient postings, I am now hesitant.  What defines a posting as good or bad?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, I'll try to explain. I don't mean to sound nasty, but I will probably come accross that way, but know it's not my intention.

If you reply, reply with something that is relevant to the topic. What you just did was hijacking a topic, you actually posted with something that is unrelated to the topic.

When replying only quote the necesary bits, thus don't quote a long post and then reply with one line. That will give you a warning and credit reduction.

While we know not everyone here is native English, try to use English. Posts in other languages are deleted, no matter what the content is, since English is the language set for these boards (and it is noted in the rules of the board)

Don't post "ok" "lol" etc, that's considered spam.

While it's not always possible to post a longer one, try to not have short posts too often. With a short post we are talking about something like this :

This is a short post, and I know it

No foul language is allowed, nor is links to adult sites. These boards have to be suitable for 9yr olds even, since we already have some younger members.

No copying from other sites, if you must quote something, use quotes and provide the link to the article or source.

No talking about illegal activities such as pormoting warez, how to "crack" a program etc. That's not allowed and will lead to a warning, if it is done again, a ban.

I think that's about it, if I missed anything...