xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Houdini

A Simple Query For Those That Know I have users that want to do the below:

I Make ported mods for the PHP-Nuke and this means first of all I need to change the prefixes to al the tables that are in the phpbb database, because Nuke uses the prefix of nuke (of course) but there are nuances such as the users table in nuke is just nuke_users Let me start again, all phpbb or phpbb2 tables as created by the install unless changed by the user in the config.php file are phpbb_forum this or phpbb_users that but nuke has other tables in its database structure the data in those table by whatever name remains the same nuke_users has exactly the same structure as phpbb_users.What I basically do when I port a mod that requires a prefix or table name change is using an editor to globally replace all phpbb to nuke which work 9 of 10 times but I need to know a little more about MySQL to for instance modify a phpbb sql to work with my nuke sql queries, and actually work, and I am sure it is possible if the right commands are given in the php or txt or sql file.

i can't get it.are u asking a question or just make a comment.i read it many times but still doesn't get the picture of it.i don't know if my suqqestion here worth while.1. is it possible for u to use a phpMyAdmin ?2. create an alter table query for all the table.3. run it using phpMyAdmin.4. that will rename all the table from phpbb to phpbb2that's alldankeOncom BeureumThe Best Place in the City

i can't get it.

are u asking a question or just make a comment.

i read it many times but still doesn't get the picture of it.

i don't know if my suqqestion here worth while.

1. is it possible for u to use a phpMyAdmin ?

2. create an alter table query for all the table.

3. run it using phpMyAdmin.

4. that will rename all the table from phpbb to phpbb2

that's all

danke

Oncom Beureum

The Best Place in the City

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is a much better and shorter way if the database allows remote connection..

goto webyog.com...

download sqlyog and logon into your database..

if you want to rename the table then just click and right click on the table name and presto select rename and you can rename..

or if they really look alike and you want to append the contents of the other parallel table then.. select copy database to new location.. etc etc..

he seems to be quoting or something but defintely not questioning coz he is already giving out his opinions