xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PrettyMe

Kingdom Hearts 2

I think KH2 will be awesome. Sqauresoft doesn't usually disappoint (except for FF10 and FF10-2 IMO) but otherwise I've never been disappointed by a Sqaure game so I'm sure the next KH will be sweet. From what I saw it looks really awesome. I wonder which other Disney characters they're going to put into this next one. Disney characters rule in KH. One thing I don't get though, wasn't this game supposed to come out a while ago? I thought that I read someone a looong time ago that it was supposed to come out like sometime in 2005. I dunno maybe I'm wrong. I've been wating for this game and it better be worth the wait. I'm sure it will be though.

Are you kidding?! You just had to get me started right? Kingdom Hearts II will go down in Action/RPG history! It'll be all the hype in the first few weeks of it's NA release. Thousands will line up in front of Gamestop's. Few will be lucky to get their hands on it and then spam KH2 msg boards using multiple unneccesary exclamtion marks. I'll be praying in my bed every night for me to get it. I'll be begging my mom to her wits end. Back on topic though: I think it'll be a lot better than the original because of so many additions such as the new drive mode,Roxas,dozens of new Disney characters (Chicken Little, Pirates of the Caribbean, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan etc.). Mickey's castle is even accessible this time around! *fantisizes holding 2 keyblades with Sora and slicing and brutally ending the lives of 1000's of Nobodies and heartless*. Yeeeaahh, it'll be the best game ever made...EVER!

I played the first Kingdom Hearts and had a bit of trouble getting past one point but it was ok. I played it like 5 years ago or whenever it came out. I know it wasn't 5 but anyway, it was pretty cool. I hadn't really heard of it til I saw it at Blockbuster though. I think it should be pretty cool, probably not anything I would like but I know my sister will like it because she loves Kingdom Hearts. I haven't really heard all the details of like what the levels will be but it ought to be fun.

Are you kidding?! You just had to get me started right? Kingdom Hearts II will go down in Action/RPG history! It'll be all the hype in the first few weeks of it's NA release. Thousands will line up in front of Gamestop's. Few will be lucky to get their hands on it and then spam KH2 msg boards using multiple unneccesary exclamtion marks. I'll be praying in my bed every night for me to get it. I'll be begging my mom to her wits end. Back on topic though: I think it'll be a lot better than the original because of so many additions such as the new drive mode,Roxas,dozens of new Disney characters (Chicken Little, Pirates of the Caribbean, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan etc.). Mickey's castle is even accessible this time around! *fantisizes holding 2 keyblades with Sora and slicing and brutally ending the lives of 1000's of Nobodies and heartless*. Yeeeaahh, it'll be the best game ever made...EVER!

personally, i don't like rpg's like final fantasy style. so i dont really think this is a good game. out of this style of game, i liked xenosaga the best.

Lol... Personally i liked the Kingdom Hearts original game. However, the second game beggs the qeustion: is it another cheap attempt at a money making sequil that gets trashed by all the people who buy it? I mean, look at all the failed sequils there are out there... In my opinion, many games should just be left alone as singles... :(

Anyway...I definately perfer the final fantasy series to kingdom hearts, just for the fact that they arent ruled by complete chaos and Disney Cartoons. I found myself realizing that all the good characters WERE from FF or some other good rpg that made millions...

>>i like the chaos sometimes too, but it was strange the first time i went completely through the game. I was lost until i got to the end...so i had to turn around and beat it again the right way<<

Kingdom Hearts 2 are a small jewel. It usually passes that toward the end of the cycle of life of a console they are allowed to see the best games, but we thought that with PlayStation 2 that would not be necessarily this way since they have left seeing marvels along all their life, like outside that first Kingdom Hearts, already so distant in the time.However, when seeing this second part, we are not able to but taking out us the hat before the new work teacher of Square that makes turn pale that first delivery. Perhaps the game is not perfect, but yes that the formula is completed of more big, longer and improved in all the aspects. Amusing, jugable, encircling...it have a lot to offer this game.It only fits to wait for me that we don't suffer of black bands, ralentizaciones and the privation of the 60Hz that we usually suffer with the titles of Square, and that this game comes out for all the high one, like deserves. Good work, SquareEnix

I think that kngdom hearts is going to be one of the best games to hit the shelves for a long time. I could be wrong. The playstation may still have a few tricks up thier sleeves, they do still have FFXII. I have been waiting to get kingdom hearts when I beat the first one. This installment should be far better in everyway. This is going to make a great birthday present for me. Who would have thought that Square Enix and Disney would team up to make such a great game. I wonder if there will be a 3,4,5,6.... like the final fantasy installment

I'm wondering why it's taking so long for KH2 to come out. As I've said before it should've been out long ago. I don't get why they have waited so long to release it. Maybe they had problems during the development and it has set them back. Or they just want to wait for some odd reason. It's not a smart move in my opinion. Especially with the release of the next gen systems. A lot of people are going after the XBOX 360. Many are crazy over it. So they're not going to want to spend money buying KH2 when they have the 360 and are buying games for that. So Squaresoft may lose a whole bunch of sales because of that. I sure hope they knew what they're doing. I wouldn't have waited this long. But whatever. I know I'm still going to buy it. Kingdom Hearts is one fo the best games I've ever played. I'll stay true to it. I'd rather buy KH2 then spend loads of money on the 360 anyways.

Edited by Shengeta (see edit history)

I am usually quite... cautious when it comes to sequels because they are rarely any good (save the Zelda series). Oddly enough, I loved the original Kingdom Hearts game and I hate the FF series, go figure. With that out of the way, it's safe to say that I am looking forward to the game, even if it is a disappointment. I stopped by the Game Stop the other day and they were showing a few previews of KH2 and from what I can tell, it's going to live up to it's promises. I have to agree with Shengeta, though, I think that the wait has only hurt Squaresoft. It's been several years since the first was released and most of the 'craze' over the game has died down. I hope the game makes up for the time it took.

Square tends to delay releases a lot. Everyone gets hyped up far before the game even comes out. On that note, I think Ensemble Studios (makers of AoE) were much smarter, and they themselves stated they didn't release any details of AoE3 until about 10 months before it was finished, and they had a release program on track.Anyway, the initial impressions from Japan seem to be good. Looking from the screenshots there's little graphical difference, so that could be either a good or bad thing. I just hope the FF cameos are as good as they say they are :huh:

Do ya guys think Kingdom Hearts 2 will be as good as the first one? I think it will be, but you never really know till it comes out..

I don't think its going to be as good...

I THINK ITS GOING TO BE BETTER!

PS I notice alot of people here that like Anime, any of you guys have anime Websites?
Edited by Yin-Yang (see edit history)

I've heard that Kingdom Hearts 2 was created with 16-18 year-olds in mind so it should be better than Kingdom Hearts. And I am not sure if I heard right but I think it will take 100-200 hours to beat and will be a two disc game.I can't wait until it comes out! (March 28th)

hmm well its gotta be decent in any case. i enjoyed playing the first one although i'm not that much into the batltle and exp system in it. i'm more of an ff style rpg player i guess, i'm retarded when it comes to anything real time lol. the previews for KH 2 looked promising so i'll give it a shot when it comes out. i'm not really dreading for it though. ;T

So much speculation over this game. Its being released the 28th of March.

Confirmed Worlds:

All worlds are now much bigger, much more extensive, and much more detailed than they were in Kingdom Hearts 1.

-The Destiny Islands. - Includes more than one island this time.

-Twilight Town. - Seen in Chain of Memories; home of the blonde-haired kid.

-Disney Castle. Finally playable.

-Castle Oblivion. - As far as we've seen, only in a short cutscene at the beginning.

-That beach from Deep Dive.

-Agrabah. ("Aladdin") - Includes the palace this time.

-Halloween/Christmas Town. ("The Nightmare Before Christmas") - Features the actual storyline from the movie this time.

-Ancient China. ("Mulan") - New world.

-Ancient Greece. ("Hercules") - Includes Greece itself, the Coliseum, and the Underworld, which also has its own coliseum.

-The Fabled Countryside. ("Beauty and the Beast") - New world.

Confirmed Characters:

Destiny Islands - Kairi, Selphie

Twilight Town - Currently nameless Blonde-Haired Kid, his three friends, Namine

Disney Castle - Minnie, Daisy

Agrabah - Aladdin, Abu, Jasmine

Holloween/Christmas Town - Jack

Ancient China - Mulan, Mushu, Shang, Chin Po, Yao, Ling, the Hun army

Ancient Greece - Hercules, Cerberus, Auron, Pain and Panic

Fabled Countryside - Belle, the Beast

The Main Protagonists - Sora, Donald, Goofy, BHK, Riku, Mickey

The Antagonists - Pete, Hades, Jafar, the Organization

The Battle Sytem:

Kingdom Hearts II uses a whole new battle engine, built from scratch, instead of re-using the old one from Kingdom Hearts 1.

The first and largest change in the battle system is the Drive Meter. As you defeat enemies in battle, your Drive Meter increases. Once it gets to a certain point, you can activate the Drive ability. In Drive Mode, Sora uses the heart of one of his companions to gaint he ability to wield two Keyblades at once. It's almost like some sort of fusion between the two characters. When Sora uses Goofy for this, his outfit turns red, and his speed and attack strength are increased. When Donald is used, Sora's clothes turn blue, and his magic and summoning powers are increased.

Spells have also been enhanced. Fire is no longer a fireball that you launch directly at your opponent; it's now a ball of fire that swirls around Sora along with some flames. It may connect several times if the enemy is at distance; think Blizzara from FFCC but faster. Blizzard is now an ultra-high speed, pistol-style ice shot. Thunder now hits only one enemy, with a bolt that falls on the enemy (FF style). In the shortcut menu, you can use all four buttons now, as opposed to only three like in Kingdom Hearts 1.

And from the abilities, we've seen so far, battles will be much more fast-paced, with a lot of focus on aerial action. They're now very similar to the battle featured in Another Side, Another Story and Deep Dive.

The Plot, so Far:

When the heart is filled with darkness, it eventually collapses in on itself and creates a Heartless, not unlike how a star does the same to become a black hole. This was covered in Kingdom Hearts 1. But what happens to the body of that heart?

That same question was asked by Ansem in one of his reports in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, and the answer was hinted at. And with the release of Chain of Memories, we now have a concrete answer. The remaining body and soul are sent to the World In-Between, where, after enough time has passed, they will become a Non-Existant One, or in other words, a Nobody. A NEO/Nobody is essentially the same as a normal person, but with one crucial difference: it has no heart. As a result, your Nobody would essentially be you, but at the same time, not you. And, as the heart is where the light and darkness of a person is contained, a Nobody is neither, but instead walks the twilight between.

Now, in Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II, this all comes in to play. A new group of antagonists, the Organization, consists of 13 such creatures. It was touched upon in CoM and will be explored further in KHII.

Also, the 'other side' of a person comes into play. Each and every peson lives in one of the four worlds: of the Light, the Dark, the Present, and the In-Between. Each of the worlds naturally contains that type of being. The World of the Dark contains Heartless, beings of the dark. The World of the Light contains beings of Light. As you can see, the Worlds of Light and Darkness are complete opposites. The Present World contains what we would consider normal people, each having both light and darkness. And the World In-Between contains those who are neither light nor dark. So likewise, the Present and In-Between Worlds are opposites.

The other side of a person would live in the opposite world. Specifically, Sora lives in the Present World, so, his other side lives in the World In-Between. Namely, BHK. Sora and the Blonde-Haired Kid are equal and opposite, like two sides to the same coin. This will undoubtedly be very important in Kingdom Hearts II.

Trailers:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/