xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midgetlord

Disgaea:hour Of Darkness Thoughts on this Tactics style game

Well, I was not suprised when I saw that there was no thread about this game. It seems that not many people have ever seen or heard of it. In short it is a FF Tactics style game, with a few new innovations, and some very, very funny parts (Uber Prinny Baal anyone?). I fell in utter love with this game from the first moments when a random girl attempt to "wake you up" *cough*. The graphics are a sleek form of Tactics to give the rather new look, while still appealing to the old-school lovers like me. Anyways, I will explain more on my thoughts as I reply to your posts.

Hehe the only reason why I know this game was because my gamer friend liked it so much he bought the artbook for it (very expensive !) and I fell in love with all the pretty pretty artwork. So gorgeous.

As a game itself it was good if not great. This games main strength is its neat artwork and personality aswell as its trully unique story. In a genre that has very little cariation to me this game's story and multiple endings offered great apppeal. From the conquring the human world to death at the hands of the forces of heaven I kept coming back because there was always something more to do yet it did this in such a way that it did not seem neither corny nore too repetative.Yes this game's story was king... Not since Final Fantasy Tactics on Playstation One had I had a story this intruging. The game litterally draws you in and it is something I could play for hours and not get tired...Awsome game this...

I agree with the fact that the storyline is amazing, but do you not realize how creative the battling is? I mean most turned based games have about the same battling, but in this game, the only thing the same is that it is set on a grid. You add the throwing, the jumping horizontally, the grid sphere thingies, and things like that, and its a completely unique battle.

I SOOOOOOOO want this game.......but it is so hard to find now......I live the style they have in this game and the humor so great, I only have a demo of this but as soon as I find a copy of the game I'm buying it. :P

true, its not the easiest game to find out there, and it costs a good $40-50 when you do... but it is worth it. I got addicted to the point where my Larharl is about level 3000 after transmutating back to level 1 from about 3000 once (and once at 1000 but thats not a huge deal LOL)