xisto Community
iGuest

IPB vs. phpBB

Invision beats phpBB in unusual situations

IPB vs. phpBB

I have unending trouble posting to a phpBB hosted board via my dual WAN router on two different ISPs. I'm continually being kicked out unless I disable one of the WANs before logging in.

I notified phpBB.Com and they blame me for not configuring my router properly for locked user sessions. Excuse me, but locked user sessions would interfere with the load balancing.

I like the speed when both ISP signals are combined into one pipe.

Invision, on the other hand, gives me no problem whatsoever. As far as "mods" and "themes" are concerned, well, putting pretty polymer siding on a house with a rotten foundation is imbecilic, no?

-gridsleep

IPB is just hands down the better forum script to go with, more advanced features. better looking customizable skins. You cant go wrong with IPB.Some of the mods are tricky to install but easy enough to read up on.I've used IPB and PHPBB for years. IPB is simply the better one.

Isn't this obvious as IPB is paid script. I think if we have to spend money then i think vbulletin is much better forum script that can be purchased. Just my opinion, i don't know how others compare vb and ipb other than money/support points.

Well, IPB only costs 149$ and a new license of VBulletin is 195$-285$ and later as I understand you also might need to pay for upgrades? PHPBB is free..So PHPBB is good for smaller forums or which doesn't get to much profit for a site and IPB is better for more active forums and I guess VBulletin is the best for professional business ;)To add, I think there are some better alternatives for free forum software than phpbb, like SMF, punBB ;)