xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lamamada89

PHP-Nuke The Data Bases Of PHP-Nuke

Php-nuke should use MySQL database as they highly tested the system on MySQL.Does it support other database such as postgresql??If someone know please let us know..

I don't know the answer to that question, but if you're are planning on using phpnuke to make your site, you might want to consider using something else. Phpnuke is used by everyone! Even with different themes, all phpnuke sites look the same. Not to mention, phpnuke takes up alot of space and will take for ever to load for people with slow internet connections. Note everyone has dsl, broadband, or T1. Phpnuke isn't very secure either. Sure, its more secure than phpnuke platnium, but its still not very hacker proof. I assume thats why Xisto uses an IPB forum. Most people like a phpBB board, but Invision Power is a heck of alot more secure.

Well if you like IPB forums and you still want Nuke then I have an IPB Nuke website that uses a modified form of PHP-Nuke 7.4 and it is kind of small and loads quickly (due to the fact that it only has 1 language file). If you use a standard dowload of PHP-Nuke there are 33 languages supported (this is shy it take so long to download) but even my other site that has all the languages is not that slow that depends on what modules and blocks that have been added to a Nuke to see what I mean look at this site IPB Nuke (by NukeXtra) and you can even download the file there. The file does not include the IPB program itself due to licensing requirements, so you would have to have your own IPB forums software.

Have alook at the site and see how quick it loads, I just looked at it with a 56k modem.