xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Killer008r

Hl2 Halo2 Doom3? which one do you think is the best?

I've only played Halo 2, so that is what I'm voting for. However, I heard form G4 that Half-Life 2 was a really good game. I never even played the first one, and I don't really wanna buy both of them.

From what I've heard, DOOM 3 is too repetative and boring. HL2 ftw! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out of the three, I've only played Doom III and I have to concur with the above statement. It's awesome when you first start out, but I eventually got tired of killing the same monsters over and over until I got to the point I was wishing the game would just end... After about a week of off and on playing, I said screw it and turned on god mode, and checked a walkthrough only to find that I wasn't even close to finishing, so I uninstalled the darn thing :)

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that it has so many hours of gameplay, but there are games that are just TOO long. And the repetition killed it. Far Cry, for instance, was a relatively long game the first time you played it, but each island you visit brings up either some new challenge, or a new type of enemy you have to defeat. Deus Ex is also a long game, but it has a solid plot.

If you want a good and scary game, look up System Shock 2. It's older, but a lot better than Doom III in many ways :)

I voted Halo 2 as i havent had the chance to play HL2 and personally think Doom 3 is a tad boring.I can sit there and play Halo2 all day and it will not bore me in the slightest. Doom 3 is a good game but the playability just gets a bit thin after a few levels. Am looking forward to the release of HL2 on either the Xbox of Xbox360 as i cant really afford to uprate my PC to cater for the high level HL2 needs to be able to play it flawlessly.

While really the only thing those games have in common is that they are all FPS's, my favorite would be HL2. Both HL2 and CS:Source are awesome good times. Doom3 was great but way different from HL2 ( plus D3 took a killer machine even in comparison to HL2...). Halo 2 is freaking awesome as well though really. All 3 are awesome titles in there own merits. HL2 for story and style, D3 for graphics and atmosphere, halo 2 for multiplayer 'have a group of friends over' style fun

Half life 2 all the way to the top with a crowbar......that just does it i mean which other game gives you the Artificial Intelligence to match or the Graphics and water effects or the spectacular grav gun giving you ultimate gameplay. Following in the footsteps and now overshadowing the HL1 series of games im sure we will have another 5 or so more years of good fun.

I would have to agree Half-Life 2 and CS:Source are my favorite FPS games as of right now. Doom 3 was great and all but, I was interested enough to finish most of it, the graphics were amazing. Halo 2 will be an awesome PC game I think. I will have to get Halo 2 if they ever make a PC version and double so if they keep the scoring/stats system on bungee like they have now for the Xbox version.

I can't answer 100% correct because I haven't played Doom3, but I played the other two and I think Halo2 is the best one of that two so if you wanna buy one of this three you realy should buy that one I think.-=jeroen=-

I have to say Halo 2. Although i have never played Half-Life 2 or Doom 3 and ignorant about it, but come on its Halo.I love to hang out with my friends and just enjoy and kick back and relax and play.

I'm a counter-strike freak but i didn't vote for half-live 2I really hate that game. They said me the game was that big but i find it more stupid than 1.6.1.6 is really the best ;) I voted doom 3Thnxmalinas

After playing Half-Life 1 and relizing how bad it was, I didn't even try the second one, so I couldn't give you an answer there.Halo 2 was a decent game, although I expected more. I like the easter eggs they put in there, and the various multiplayer maps.As for Doom 3, I'm not a big fan of the Doom series, ever since I've played the one for SNES and didn't like it. So, I'd have to say Halo 2 is the best out of those three.

Half Life 2: Although Half Life 2 has a good Single Player game, its multiplayer is almost non existant, although it usually comes with the inclusion of Counterstrike Source. This game is great for multiplayer, and even for some single player since it has bots. Half Life 2 is a "thinking man's First Person Shooter" It is definitly not just point and shoot.Doom3: I really didn't like this game too much, I'm just not a dark places with zombies person (unless I'm playing this game at 3 in the morning, not that is freaky) I found that Doom III seems to be very straight forward (even though I constantly got lost) I just don't think that stratigically it is very demanding, and I like to be able to see my enemies. Plus it kinda has a clastraphobic feel, since everytime you are outside you need air, and even the indoor areas are pretty small.Unreal Tournament 2004: I just had to add this, it is such a great game. The 2004 version even has some SP value, and Epic Games is such a great company for providing all these great tools to easily mod Unreal Tounament 2004, when you are tired of it, you just find a mod, and you have an entirely new game for free, f-r-e-e free.Halo2: Although I personally would have liked to stay the Master Cheif for the entire game, the Single Player isn't too bad. Especially after playing on Xbox Live forever, which is really where this game stands out, the Multi Player. Xbox Live is simply one of the best online services out there, because for just five dollars a month, you get online multiplayer for all xbox live games. The matchmaking is also a great system, and I love the 1.1 patch, and now there are 9 new maps, and new playlists, this game justs keeps getting better.So in summary, if you are looking for a great Single Player game, go Half Life 2, if you are looking for great Multiplayer go Unreal Tournament 2004, or Halo2. Just so you know, I voted for Halo2.

I only played HL2 and Doom3, havent play Halo 2 - but I have played the first one, seems ok... so I will assume Halo2 is somewhere the same?! I finished HL2 a month ago, the graphics is awesome comparing to Doom3. It is more realistic. I started playing HL2 because the first HL was addictive!!! I played it like twice. Somehow i reckon HL is better than HL2? Eventhough the graphics in HL2 is way better.Doom3 is scary!!! But thats the only good reason about the game. The graphics is not as good as HL2, and the AI is stupid!!!!Nothing more the say, I vote for HL2!!!! :)