xisto Community
FearfullyMade

How Many Monitors Do You Use?

How many monitors are connected to your computer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hehe. I'm the only one so far with 3.

The poll said how many are connected to your computer... I have this one main 19" CRT which is usually the only one in use. Occasionally I like to turn on the 17" on sitting right beside the 19". That's usually when I'm working, it's neat to have an IDE on the main window and music players, IM and SSH windows on the extra monitor. I'm don't do a lot photoshopping but when I do, keeping the tools one the extra monitors is really handy.

The third on is my telly. Whihc is actually a small one but well positioned couch-wise :) so once in a while I put a movie or music video to play on it.

By the way by graphics card supports only two monitors at the time so I can't actually have all three on at the same time. But they're all connected... :)

I had to click the "One" on the pole here... because here at home I do only have the one monitor on my computer... and the one on my laptop.HOWEVER... work is another story! I have 3 flatpanel monitors on my desk at work.Far right... is dedicated to my desktopMiddle... shared between my desktop and my CAD computerFar left... dedicated to my CAD computer.The shared monitor... I have had a switch installed so I can swap back and forth depending on which part of my job I'm doing at that time... and use the 2nd monitor on that computer.Having more than one monitor here at home however... I'm just not seeing a use for. If I was multitasking that much at home, after having to do it all darn day long at work... where would the fun be in surfing the internet??? *smile*

Can't you connect another monitor to your laptop? I only use one, but I have multiple desktops thanks to the miracle of Linux.. Though its not really the same thing. My furry uses 2, though I can't think what for..