xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
denis

Microsoft Service Pack 2 Cd (free) Windows XP

I received my disk in abt 2 weeks. Real fast and best of all its FREE!!

I'm very suprised that they don't charge shipping for this. When SP2 first came out didn't they charge for the CD version. I got one just in case I have to reinstall XP I can get SP2 up there quick.

They only give it for free as otherwise they face a huge lawsuit. It was an argument over how Dial Up users couldnt get the updates and they had to get them as per some agreement and it had to be fast, so microsoft have to send them or they loose money from a court-case.

yeah...my sp2 disk came in the mail quick as well...it was great...i also ordered a bunch of other trial software from them last week and it just got here the other day...its great...cuz there is no way that i woulda gotten it all on my 56k :rolleyes:...but i dont like sp2 tho...i installed it and it slowed down my laptop big time...and i got 2.4ghz celeron 448mb ram and 512 cache...there werent that many updates to it that i was worried about tho...so i just sorta uninstalled it...

If you want a disk as just a simple backup for in case you want to reinstall windows xp (without any service packs) you can just burn the 200MB complete service pack onto a CD and your Windows installtion wil pick out the bits that you will use.

I think I'm gonna order half a ton of these CDs and use them as toasters!Can you remember SP1? It was nothing as fancy as SP2, just a huge slab of updates. After installing it, nothing really changed, your PC was supossedly more secure, but I never trust Microsoft or Bill Gates.

I ordered mine this morning at 2am and I just recieved it within 13 hours. :P This is the second time Microsoft made me impressed...other than taking over GIANT Antispyware, slapping a new skin on it and called it Microsoft Antispyware BETA 1 but well, I still have to thank the local postal service too.

i ordered the service pack quite a long time ago. for all i can remember is was really fast shipping from the USA to the UK. i was very impressed. so i rather order a free copy of the sevice packs that microsoft releases than download them and maximise your connection just to update your windows xp.

I ordered 2 of these from Microsoft a few months back. I also ordered 2 CDs with SP1 back in the days LOL. All came here pretty quickly. SP2 came within a week's time.Zageyiff, I think it's the complete Service Pack 2 install. Of course, it won't have the latest updates, but it should have the majority of it already. You might have to go back to the Windows Update site to see which ones are missing.