xisto Community
Umbra

Creating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003 Part 1 - New Game and the Database

Help me with RPG maker 2003.

Creating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003

To make game start I need to do 2 things.

1:starting position of character. (HOw?)

2: make random items drping from monsters. (possible?)

-reply by Pawel Dworzycki

Battle sprites

Is there a way or even some alternitive scripting out there for a way for an event to change your battle sprite because in my game you get to choose your name class and looks but I haven't found a way for it to change battle sprites Please help

-question by Scaraa Blackheart

Making or Editing a Title Screen

I want to know how to put images on a title screen that I downloaded. I like the picture on it, but I don't know how to edit it so that I can create my own personalized title screen for my game. Please help. Thx.

-reply by tcb112875

how to change battle music

In rpg maker 2003 I don't know how to change the battle music for specific battles like bosses

-reply by milesguy

How do you add scripts?Creating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003

I don't know how to add scripts in RPGMaker2003. If not possible is there another way to do things like this because I need all kinds of scripts on it like advanced text, all direction walking, and well basicly a whole bunch of scripts. Could anybody please help? 

-reply by Axel

How do you change what a vehical will drive on?Creating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003

I changed the skiff to a tank image but I don't know how to make it drive on land can anyone help?

One way you can do specific music for certain fights is this.Creating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003Replying to iGuestOk, so all you need to do is in the event you want to have a specific set of music for before the battle starts put this process before it. Before putting in the enemy encounter, you want to go to page one on the event commands and chose Change System BGM. 4th from the bottom on the right. Choose battle in the left column and then the music you want on the right. Then just make it change back after the battle.Hope this helps you out! ;p-reply by Josh

One way you can do specific music for certain fights is this.

One time I was experimenting with RPG XP Maker and audio effects I did the following. I created a grave yard and did some fog and wind bg music, I also added some rain like music to. When you bump into a ghost, you get the fight encounter.

In the forest I make use of the fade-in from black with white screen flashes which were synced to lightening sounds and rain as bg music. I made alot of use of timing cause I could didn't know how to script the music and flash as one with random timing. It was kind of repetitious after awhile so I think I either increased the time or changed the volume. In the end I ended up dropping it cause it consumed to much processing for a PIII computer.

But yeah I liked having just a simple sound effect when you touch a bad guy, enemy, or random animals like a dog (barking).

How do I make a team attackCreating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003

I am trying to make an attack that requires two specific people to use and drains the mana of both characters. How do I do it?

-question by Da_Monkey

TankskiffCreating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003Replying to iGuestAll you do is go the the database, go to terrain, and click on the "skiff can pass" thingy, but you may want to make a new terrain and call it mountain, and set the mountains to that, otherwise the tank/skiff will go right over them. I did the same thing. Also, I recommend using the "labyrinth" midi for this. This is probably super late, and you probably either figured it out or don't care, but the info is there.

Correction!Creating A Game In Rpg Maker 2000/2003

That's not what square and star mean at all! Square means that it appears over the player, who can pass through only the top and bottom of it, and star means that it appears over the player!

-reply by XPlunatic

ummm..... hi, i wanna make an RPG games like Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea, Gray Garden, and Mogeko Castle, buat i don 't even know how to make a landscape.. can you help me? 0w0 i need to learn A LOT.. =w=

questin by: NekoChi *not a real name*