xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ninshapower

Nice Banner

Thats a amazing banner....what did u use to make it?? Damn why am i not that talented?? lol

You know, telling us that the rest of the banner is just made up of pure brushes (although I suspected as much) kinda makes it not so nice anymore... I don't know, I'm one of those who never goes out to find brushes or extras. The only things I download are fonts. Always figured using your own imagination and the limited tools at hand makes the banner more special, but that's just me...Does the banner fit into an interface, or is it just a banner? If it's a standalone banner maybe you should make it thinner, because the white space, as Opaque mentioned, in between the bottom bit of the banner and your LCD screen looks wasted.

lol, looks...nice...but like chiiyo pointed out, using only brushes like that makes it not quite as outstanding as before =P

Anyhow, i like it when the banner blends in with the site layout like the one on my site here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - actually I don't know if it can be considered as a banner...nevertheless, unless the banner matches your site, it can't be considered perfect ^_^ I'm saying this because I can't really see that banner matching a website too well... =P

Good job on it. Alone, it looks fantastic ^_^

You know, telling us that the rest of the banner is just made up of pure brushes (although I suspected as much) kinda makes it not so nice anymore...

I don't know, I'm one of those who never goes out to find brushes or extras. The only things I download are fonts. Always figured using your own imagination and the limited tools at hand makes the banner more special, but that's just me...

Does the banner fit into an interface, or is it just a banner? If it's a standalone banner maybe you should make it thinner, because the white space, as Opaque mentioned, in between the bottom bit of the banner and your LCD screen looks wasted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Finally someone who thinks like me about that, I rarely use anything other than what I make in ps or what cames with ps.

Well, first I agree with most here, there is far too much white space in the banner. Also your name in the LCD screen is pretty blurry and there's colour loss which is probably due to your jpg settings. The use of brushes, aside from what every one else said, is ok, but they also are fairly blurry. Some shadow would be good, also you could use bevel and emboss to make the brushes more "aligned" with the LCD screen. And for a banner I feel this is too big.

yeah i reckon for a techish find of banner using some grey in it or metal maybe for the background and then have some highlights to make it look like electricty on the brushes becuase it looks nice but a little too plain, and yes i've got the exact same brushes and they are nice but i'd suggest to create a background and then apply them. And as everyone else has said i think it needs to be about half of the height it is