xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dino-m

Is The Better Winamp Or Windows Media Player? What is better?

neither for Video. I use Real for Video and Winamp only plays music; that is if I'm using Windows. If I'm using Linux; XMMS is my music player and Kaffeine is my Multimedia Player.xboxrulz

I use winamp because it's faster and configurable. With a nice skin it's also beautiful :angry:For watch video, i use Media Player Classic, a powerfull program with a lot of options.I think WMP is heavy, slow and poor of options...

I use winamp for all of my audio, and wmp only if I have to take a look at some WMV, otherwise, I use MicroDVD or Bsplayer...WMP is just... it sucks big time :angry:

Well in my opinion WINAMP is better because of his internet radio which i really listen a lot and you can get ANY music you want...on the other hand it is not that good for movies because you cant put subtitles in and stuff...for video WMP is better although BSPLAYER is the best for movies...It is nice that WMP is nicely integrated in the XP system so it maybe starts faster and is more compatible with windows, but again winamp is more customizable in my opinion and looks better;) After all it is everybodys choice which to choose, because you usually get used to one of them and then use it all your life :) Have a nice day..

If i should chose I had chosen Windows Media Player, but I am using an other program:Musicmatch Jukebox. A great program with much more posibility's! :) It's easy, quick and it doesn't slow your computer down while playing music.So that is why i am using Musicmatch Jukebox

I dont' know what winamp version yalll used but they have video support on Winamp for sometime now. I think it plays alot of the audio formats except quicktime and ram. It has more functions on the control panels. You can search for a song on your playlist, make a webpage playlist, a bunch of skins, and compact.

For listening to music, I usually prefer Winamp over Windows Media Player, or anything else for that matter. Yes, you can play videos in Winamp but for some reason I just can't seem to like it. I have to admit that I never really try to accept Winamp as a tool for watching videos, so I don't know what exactly I might be doing wrong, but every time I try to use Winamp to play a movie, it clears my playlist and I have to go load it up again the next time I want to listen to music. So, I use Winamp for music and Windows Media Player for video. That way, there is no interference.

WMP is much better! winamp is boring,wanna-be,user-unfriendly! plus it doesnt have enjoyable animations...for me WMP 10 is the best out there! But unfortunately IE sucks LOL :)

There were days when I was using Winamp later I switched to JetAudio. But now I am using WMP 10. The quality of audio is best in it I think. Its taskbar skin is also very good. The space on harddisk and in RAM is also least in case of WMP. So my choice is Windows Media Player.

Well in my personal opinion Windows Media Player is much better. And yes it is customizable if you know how to do it, it's just not as popular as winamp, I personally have them both on my pc right now, though I don't really know why? Winamp just sits there, I never use it come to think of it I'm gonna remove it as soon as I am done with this post lol but, Windows Media Player is all in one you can play movies on it (at decent quality), listen to songs, create playlists, all sorts of things. And yes I do realize that you can do those thing on winamp as well but it seems very limited, at least to me, and at a less than good quality. Another gripe I have about winamp is that the buttons are so small it is hard to even understand what they are for. I'm not some senile old man or anything either and I don't use glasses or contacts I'm 21 years old and I still can't read the darned buttons lol, in conclusion: Windows Media Player is Superior to WinAmp. :)

I Use Media Player 10I think winamp is not good for see movie and Showsbut winamp is really nice Console for MP3 and Audio format Media Player And winamp has Skin and More pluginsbut Winamp has big archive for Skin Media Player is match to windows winamp 3 is very slow but media Player is fast :)

Before iTunes I loved Winamp, its lite on resources, very nice interface. But it just cant beat iTunes' music management abilities.I dont use WMP for music, I used it strictly for videos. Now I moved on MediaPlayer Classic :)