xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Another Vulnerability Was Found In Firefox

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It is about JavaScript Engin,
This vulnerability is rated as Moderately critical.

System information will be exposured to malicious people.
Patch has not available yet.

The vulnerability has been confirmed in versions 1.0.1 and 1.0.2

Does turning off the java script help in this suitation????

Firefox does has much user as IE, but more and more vulnerability are found.
I remember that some people said firefox is the most securest internet browser.
How about now??

How about now ?? Well, first of all FireFox was never claimed to be the securest browser - there's nothing like a securest software in the market... for every security measure you take, 10 more loopholes can be discovered. What's meant by the high security level of firefox is that firefox is relatively more secure than browsers like IE which has to be plugged up every second week. If you compare the amount of exploits in both browsers, firefox would be way way behind than IE... as also in the frequency of bugs found in these two browsers... so there :P

I would beg to differ there....agreed firefox NOW is way behind IE in terms of security flaws but we must also consider that firefox is behind in terms of usage by people...it's just that it hasnt been in the market for too long for its security flaws to be known. It's something like Linux and Windows the latter being more used is thus more exploited. I think this would be one of the many flaws to surface.

besides, this would be probably fixed in few days, and you won't have to wait for Service Pack or fix few months... Term unbugy software is imagined... at every aplication can sniff some bug, but the quesion is not if you find it, but how fast it would be fixed... :P

Firefox is still very much ahead of Internet Explorer in terms of security. Its uncoparable. Firefox is patched in 1.0.3 agianst this, sure maybe more updates than IE but IE still has major bugs and its in no hurry to patch at any rate. Firefox is doing a lot better by patching all these holes. Firefox will still win the war, easily.

I don't like people who use IE. Look at my forums:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Go down to the bottom. (WARNING: CONTAINS BAD WORDS!!!)

That was my customised ad for Firefox. :P

Firefox may have lots of loopholes, but IE has much more. FF hasn't been around for that long, either, but people have been using IE FOREVER.

Think about it, jesuslovesgod.

I really like Firefox.

I can't understand whay everyone's making such a fuss over this. Its just one security flaw.

All the other flaws in Firefox have been fixed.

With IE there's tons of flaws, and Microsoft isn't even making any effort to sort them out - the Firefox community is always quick to act when flaws are found.

All hail Firefox!

Like payment alternative (IE and Firefox) this Opera, is a good navigator, if it does not matter to pay to you for that reason. I think that bugs of Mozilla with those of IE is not comparable, although am the navigator but people use, that does not entail to similar torrent of errors in it (Bill fixes an error and appear five).