xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

E107 Slightly Smaller CMS

I have just finished testing E107 on my private server and I have pushed E107 to some limits. I would like to know of anyone else who uses E107 and what they like and dislike about it.

I like it because it is secure, admin CP is easy to use and navigate around in, and it is a snap to add content! What it is missing is intergraded forums like PHP-Nuke so seperate forums are required or you can chat using the intergraded chat box. E107 isn't very much of a speedy thing (<- correct me if I am wrong... Dial up does weird things to you) but then again Nuke can take a while to load sometimes.

You can visit E107 at http://www.e107.org/

This CMS sounds very interesting...I don't care about having serperate forums, because I already have a seperate forum and I realy don't want(can't) move it.

I've been to a couple of sites powered by e107, and they've all seemed pretty good.Don't e107 offer a port of a message board, like PHPnuke does? I never realised forums didn't come with it.

Well , me being a great fan of e107, all i can say is that , The bugs that we see are of the new development version. e107 is comming out with version 7 of its CMS and its truly a renovated effort on its part.

About the user DB , well most of the people don't know about e107 still , i got to know about e107 from a user here spacewaste, i saw his website, loved the CMS used and checked it out further.

If you are having problems with the plug-ins then i suggest you see which ones you are trying to download. There are plugins in development for version 7 and plugins already made for version 6 , either ways i guess the version 6 plugins wont work with 7 because of change in the system code.

I tried to use themes made originally for 6 with 7 , and they worked like a charm, but themes made for 7 dont work with 6. Well all i can say is that not all CMS out there are perfect, some have things that others dont. I tried PHPNuke, MKPortal and now e107, havent gone to try mambo and others but i am shure they are pretty good in their own way.

Regards

Dhanesh