xisto Community
Hercco

From phpBB To SMF ? How easily can it be done?

*whistles* That is a lot of converters, I'll have to say I'm impressed. It's a shame SMF doesn't fit on the standard 10 credit hosting, as I'd love to use it. On a random note, are phpBB forums naturally a pain to transfer to other software (aside from SMF, which I see does it admirably), or is it generally pretty good at that sort of thing?

In fact, how easy is it overall to move your forum (losing as little as possible) from one type (such as phpBB) to another type (SMF, for instance)? Do converters normally work both ways, or is it a lot easier to go from most software to another than it is back again?

These are some questions I'd love answered as I'm looking to set up a forum using my Xisto hosting, and as I haven't tried most sorts of forum software available out there I may want to switch around occasionally. Sure, I'm aware that most cost to use but the question still stands.

smf is the way to goFrom phpBB To SMF ?

Funny how l337 Nurse Pedestrian thought phpbb forum can't be converted to smf just because they're different forum platforms running different scripts.