xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aaorozco

Final Fantasy Which one do you consider the best?

I personally like each of them individually, but FFVII will always be the best to me. It was the first one I ever played, I loved the music and storyline, and the crappy translation and blocky sprites were just plain amusing. The bloody scene at Shinra HQ in the first disc had me shaking, and every time I heard Sephiroth's theme I got scared. That sounds lame, but hey, I was only about nine years old.

I am looking forward to Advent Children an immense amount.

I think FFIX has been greatly underappreciated, whereas FFVIII was greatly overrated. FFX was fun, but way way too easy. FFX-2 had the same problem.

They seem to keep declining in quality. Like to make up for the money they lost in their movie flop, Square has to focus on pumping out games to sell rather than quality games. The cash-in on the success of FFVII has been pissing me off. Dirge of Cerberus, Core Crisis, Before Crisis... ugh. They're milking my favourite game for all it's worth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EXACTLY my feelings. I've created threads on different forum sites about every single topic you put on here. I got a lot of hate mail when I made a thread about Squares decrease in quality games LOL. I am also awaiting the release of Advent Children, and I just pray to god they worked out what their audience wants. FFVII would be the best out of the series, and yes, Sephiroth scared me... especially during the movie scenes like when he sees genova. FF1X was a great game, and I have never found out why people don't like it. I got stuck at the final boss, whose name escapes me. FFVIII had an ok storyline with some interesting characters, but I could not get past how the battles had very little to do with stratagy, and more to do with summoning the best gfs, then hoping you get lionheart for the limit breaks.

I think FFX has to be the best in terms of graphics, sound, battle system, Video clips and animations. About the storylines, haven't anyone noticed that almost every single FF has the same story plot, a great evil is taking place, must find and stop the villain from reaching the secret evil weapon before it is too late,in the end the weapon gets activated and have to destroy it... Its all the same... So cliche! They should come up with something newer...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude I think you are totally right. FFX is the best but FFVII has a better storyline then FFX!!! :)

I think ff8 history are the best because all FF have mix histories and i dont like.But ff7 and ff9 battle sistem are fine.

Dude I think you are totally right. FFX is the best but FFVII has a better storyline then FFX!!!

LoL :)

Hands Down FFVI is definately the greatest of all time...FFVI was multi player featured a vast array of players and four party system each player had a unique style the defined them from the rest and the stroy line was in-depth and very interesting.I quite enjoyed it and the fact that it was so long and addicting...

I like all the FF games but my favorite would have to be FFIX though the story in FFXIII was better.Personally I hated the materia system on Final Fantast VII or the magic system on FFVIII the best ability system was the one in FFX but I haven't played all of them.

No challenge Final Fantasy VII is by far the best one so far in my opinion. It provided me with a great Challenge and a great story line. In It I liked how the characters each had their origin explained to full detail which I think Final Fantasys 8-10/2 lacked. Also the arcade in Final Fantasy provides great fun and excitement. Final Fantasy VII had some really kool summons and spells and secrets. I cannot wait till Final Fantasy VII Digre of Cerbus and Advant Children are released and hopefully that Tech Demo of FInal Fantasy VII will become a reality and let us relive those moments in high detailed graphics.

I have a few favourites, I think every Final Fantasy game has it's own amazing quirks.

Final Fantasy 7: Amazing story and game play. It was way ahead of it's times and the characters were astounding. I think Sephiroth goes down as the Number 1 Game Villian of all times, next to the likes of Bowser from Mario, and perhaps Shredder from Ninja Turtles on Sega Genesis.

Final Fantasy 8: This game had such amazing magic. I loved all the summons so much. And the card game was friggin' wicked. I played the game sometimes JUST for the card game. Plus Squall and Rhinoa's love/thing was cute and kept some comedy in it with him being so...hmm... tight lipped?

Final Fantasy 9: The design was kind of kiddish and awkward looking, but after a while you instantly fell in love with the characters. (Although it took me a LONG while to figure out whether the main character was a male or female.) And I think Final Fantasy brough to the scene one of the best characters to the franchise, Vivi. His tragic story was awesome and had a lot of symbolism and added some drama to the whole game.

I also really liked how Chrono Trigger came with Final Fantasy Chronicles. Especially since that game and Chrono Cross are really good!

Like SadElated stated above, my favourite Final Fantasys are FF7, FF8 and FF9 [ not in that order though ].

My favourite is FF8. It's the first Final Fantasy that I played, and it's still the most memorable to me. The gameplay is unique with the flexible Junction system. The storyline was pretty good. Unfortunately, it was little to "mushy-gushy" if you know what I mean. The graphics, well, they were okay for that year, and the music was great.

FF7 and FF9 are tied for second. FF7 has a very interesting storyline which parallels our world in many instances [definitely not in the magical aspects though. :P ] But anyways, the gameplay was unique and original [i enjoyed the materia system immensely. ] The graphics were okay, but in some instances, they were too "cubical" if you know what I mean. The music was great too. Sephiroth, on the other hand, is...ahem...overrated. :P Finally, the Weapons were a challenge too.

FF9 had a storyline similar to that of FF5 but it wasn't entirely parallel to it either. The gameplay was okay, I couldn't complain. The graphics were excellent compared to the previous FFs. The music was excellent - the best aspect of this game by far [ in my opinion of course. :P ] However, Kuja was a disappointment, and I never came around to defeating Ozma. Oh well, I'll do it eventually.

And that's about it. :P