xisto Community
junaid

Get A Free Domain An easy way of Getting a free domain

Hey
A few days ago shutmail was offering free email with 3GB storage which it still is
but now they are also offering free domain names (.com .net .org or .info)
visit http://shutmail.com/ and click on ''Get a free domain'' for details
They donot require you to post or pay they just want you to place some addvertisements on your website

I've never heard of shutmail. Are they new and worth to trust? Have you ever used up 1Gb mail box. Since Yahoo mail upgraded my account to 250, I think it's more than enough.

Their term for getting a free domain is so strict. I'm living in Australia but they count 7 views as 4, wth??? I'd better use http://www.dot.tk/en/index.html?lang=en. Just use yourname.tk, it's so short and somehow meaningful.

I registered for it and am testing it out as we speak...Just w8ing for the 48hour conformation e-mail...As for hte count thing...Yeah that's assish...But meh...It's counts per year...Sp I'm sure you could get the necessary amount of views.Besides...Just try to attrack U.S or Canada to your website and you'll be fine :)Edit: There are ALOT of ads on this site though.

Wow... Get a .com domain for free... But that number of hits thing is hard...

From Japan, Austria, Norway,France & Denmark 16 views will be counted as 5

Is that discrimination? :) Do you know if you need 6000 a day or just 6000 views for the length of time you own the domain? It'd be easier to be just 6000 a year...

spacewaste

I checked out your site, wow your good! Puts mine below the bucket that has holes in it. You must have been doing this for awhile? Not me. I've been learnin it for awhile, and just started the closest thing to a real one, but I still need alot.. I mean ALOT of work. I've got the ideas, it's just emplementing them... :)

TwizlZone, you should read on CMS..

And on the topic.. well... i have a few things to say.. first.. the email system it's ULTRA SIMPLE! i don't know how good yet.. i don't think they have pop3 or smtp.. that's a bad thing...

Their design.. i mean, come on! phpnuke??? and it has a few mistakes in it's design... that's easly corrected...

The domain issue.. well.. is 6000 per year... i think i can come up with taht numbers.. i have 12000 per year, the thnig is the contries the user have to arrived from...

.com = 6000 views per year

and

Views are only counted from these countries = USA, UK, Japan, Austria, Norway,France, Denmark,Australia and Canada

The thing for me is.. my users come mostly from Colombia... i it seems like they don't even count my contry (now that's discrimination!)

I would give it a try, but i would waste the thenameiwant.com on it...

The other thing.. they don't say where the addvertisement is placed... i hate banners that occupy 3/4 of your main window... but that's affrodbale for an intro page.. and the redirect to a none publicity page..

TwizlZone, you should read on CMS.

I would give it a try, but i would waste the thenameiwant.com on it.

What is CMS? and you would? or did you mean wouldn't?
But basicly your saying give it a practice shot? That i can do
I taked to the lady whos page I'm working on today. This site will mostly be pictures, this is JUST PEACHY with me, since I suck at content. You see the SunRises and Sunsets are rated very high around here, we have vertually no pallution<--(spelling) so the skies are so crisp and clear, over 300 days a year. Believe this if you believe anything in your life, I will get Very creative displaying all the photo's aswell as the Photo Art that comes with some of the pics :) It's the codes and scripts that will halt or slow me down. Thats why I came here! I'm struggling so much and taking to long trying to accomplish what I want to do, that maybe, just maybe I would find the codes, or the help I need to get there faster and litterly better than on my own. When I do an HTML validater? it just throws me off track, due to all my errors, that then I end up spending entirely too much time trying to correct them, that my other stuffs don't get done, Sometimes it's just to frustrating. I hope I came to the right place to get the help I need, aswell as learning the proper way to then do it myself.... Does this make any sence?

The domain issue.. well.. is 6000 per year.

AAAA Wow, my page has been up a few weeks, and I'm practicly the only one who has seen it, and thats just to make sure all the links are working correctly, I dunno about that Number ;):(;)

ok, go to http://www.opensourcecms.com/ and check out CMS - Miscellaneous

that section it's about cms's images systems...

CMS stands for "CONTENT MANAGER SYSTEM!

The long answer - a CMS is a system that seperates the content of a web site (the text, images, and so on) from the framework of linking pages together and controlling how the pages appear. In most cases, this is done to make a site easier to maintain than would be the case if it was built exclusively out of hard-coded html pages.m At least, that is the goal.

and, you're right i meant:

"I would give it a try, but i wouldn't waste the thenameiwant.com on it."

The thing is those kinf of services are usually "engaging"... after the year passes, they may say that i have to do "a freky thing" to keep with my domain, and if i don't do it, they may take it away.. and they could keep my domian.com for them!!! and then i would be able to get it anymore!!!!!!!

Do u jave one of their domains right now????? wahts0' the url, i want to check it out please!

I don't really see a point in getting a free .com domain for a bunch of ads at your site...Domains are cheap. If you have money to use Internet from home, you should spare to register and pay for a domain.

hm.. i tried going onto this website just now and it seems to be down. it just cant be believable to get a .com domain for free! how can they do that? well it seems to be down for me to find out about this.

Hate to double post, so merge this if you would like to deter people form double posting, but I checked up on shutmail yesterday and there was a message saying to e-mail this address if you want shutmail back: admin@shutmail.comCheers