xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JimBeam1405241475

The Greatest Thing Ever!

I don't know how many people knew this, but since joining these forums I have been due to become a daddy. Well the day finally came, 3 days ago on Thursday 24 March. We had a little boy and we named him Ben. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, and the feeling I have had over the last 3 days just can't be beat. Anyone else who has had kids will know what I'm talking about.. but just looking at this little baby and thinking that I made him, and he is totally dependant on me and my fiance just gives me a completely overwhelming feeling that really can't be explained. It is just so incredible.

Ooooh thats so cool JimBeam. My heartiest congratulations and best wishes are with you. Maybe you should change your nick to DaddyBeam for a while :( May your baby be showered with the good luck & happiness in the world. Thanks for sharing this extremely joyous moment with us :)

Boy, can I relate, lol. It really is the greatest thing--not the easiest thing, mind you, but its really great. I have custody of my 2 kids and I really actually enjoy there company. They make me laugh so much--and they're 14 years old (daughter) and 13 years old (son). My daughter is such a comedian, a math wizard and actually understands Shakespeare (that stuff is pretty incomprehensible to me, lol). She looks like me but yet she's also beautiful, lol. I just wish I could stop the boys from calling her :) . My boy is also a math wizard. He's almost as tall as I am (5 ft. 10 in. tall) but his hands & feet are bigger than mine already (maybe I shouldn't have put steroids in his baby bottle, lol). If only I could get them to turn in all of their school assignments so they could keep their grades up!! Aw see, you've gotten me started babbling about my kids. lol.Anyways, enjoy the kids and take lots of pictures and video of them. It helps if you have lots of patience and it also helps if you know where to draw the line with them. Congratulations! :(

Thanks guys... I really appreciate it! SingleDaddyof2 I'm glad there's someone here who can relate, you know exactly what I mean when I say how amazing this really is. And OpaQue, you're in luck because I have some photos uploaded already so here you go;

These were all taken when we were still in the birthing centre (hospital) by the way.

Ben sleeping on our bed:

Posted Image

Ben sleeping with me on the bed:

Posted Image

Ben sleeping on my chest:

Posted Image

=)

congrats man!something that should happen to everyone. hear its great.. i'll be there one day.. just hopefully it's planned and in about eight years lol