xisto Community
kucherafanclub

Runescape Any questions about Runescape?

I dont like RuneScape. Played it before and did most of the free member quests. Now i think about it as a waste of time. The graphic is really horrible. World of Warcraft is based to RuneScape as most of you may know and is much better. The only bad thing about WoW is that you need to pay monthly even after you have bought it to play it. Or else i would have bought it.

You're actually comparing Java on the internet for dial up users to a game that needs loads of ram and is installed?

Runescape...PFFT lol ive played it but ever since i lost my lvl 89 account... I HATE IT! the graphhics were crumy and there much to do but....the money is the prolby they should make it like.....MU ONLINE....or WORLD OF WARCRAFT i mean....Mu online is just so COOL andf addicting.... i find it as the best game...ever :ph34r: id play it all the time ..but u know u gotta study lol .....i dont have to but i wanna :)

Runescape is an old classic free MMORPG. Among its life as a free MMO it has gone threw 2 graphical changes, still leaving you with the "free" feel to it. I only recommend this game to anyone who is currently using dial up, or cannot afford games such as Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, and Warhammer 4000.

Name:runescapequitterI am quitting runescape because it is soo boring for me... I'm a lvl 73 and my username is clown5100, I am giving away 12 sets of full rune, 7 sets of rune trimm, 6 wips, 3 dragon body plates, 5 dragon sheilds, 6 party hats, 2 santa hats, 563 law runes, 17mil, and many more things, but I'm giving my profile to my best friend jack, so if you want some of this stuff -runescapequitter

I think runescape owns. Ive been playing for over 2 years and I'm lvl 92 and I'm sill not gonna quit =p I must admit the rahics arent as good as other games but in world of warcraft you have to stop, press enter, type your message then press enter again to talk. In rs just type while you walk. -Sephirothno4

Runescape was an ok game untill the recent updates.. Ive played for a year with a lv 90 acct.. Total skil lv of about 1300... Lot of work to get there ...Heres the thing.. With the recent updateds...The player interaction is gone...Cant give items or money to your friends at all.. Cant pick other players items up if they die.. And they cant pick up yours.. In other words.. Dosent matter if you have 10 friends with you.. If you die .. You loose all your stuff..Not cool.. Was a huge fan of rs.. But after the updates..They lost 40%of thier client base.. The game is going under.. Just forget about it.. Youll only be dissapointed. If you don't believe me or need any more info.. Just visit the forums on rs website.. Its a very unhappy place... Don't say I didnt warn you..

Ill make it short. My name is 2edwardsf1 leader of the black rain clan. I am accepting any player who can devote himself to the cause of the black rain militia. Add the username 2edwardsf1 or email me tellin me you want to join I'm on everyday for a little while before I logg of. -2edwardsf1

Runescape was an ok game untill the recent updates.. Ive played for a year with a lv 90 acct.. Total skil lv of about 1300... Lot of work to get there ...Heres the thing.. With the recent updateds...The player interaction is gone...Cant give items or money to your friends at all.. Cant pick other players items up if they die.. And they cant pick up yours.. In other words.. Dosent matter if you have 10 friends with you.. If you die .. You loose all your stuff..Not cool.. Was a huge fan of rs.. But after the updates..They lost 40%of thier client base.. The game is going under.. Just forget about it.. Youll only be dissapointed. If you don't believe me or need any more info.. Just visit the forums on rs website.. Its a very unhappy place... Don't say I didnt warn you..

Overeaction... and your first post in a active thread.
The changes can be seen here http://services.runescape.com/m=news/newsitem.ws?id=1007. Yes its stupid, yes they are doing something.

its my real email adress,its not a fake.i no its stupid!now my question:

Runescape

In the quest dragon slayer I need to talk to oracle and I have all the items needed.But when I talk to her I say "do you have some wise advise for me o' oracle" butim supose to talkto her but it dosent work.

-brandon

A question regarding the Agility skill.

Runescape

If we are not a member, and we get the random event (I.E. The genie that gives you xp in a chosen skill) and we choose Agility, will this skill still make our running energy (%) recover faster?

A question regarding the Agility skill.

Runescape

If we are not a member, and we get the random event (I.E. The genie that gives you xp in a chosen skill) and we choose Agility, will this skill still make our running energy (%) recover faster?

No, but any genies or xp earnt in p2p will still affect your recovery in f2p, even after your members runs out.

While I agree that a lot of the player interaction is gone with the recent updates and that donating things to friends is now a pain, I disagree with the idea that if you die, you'll lose all your stuff. Just have your friend stay close to your grave stone and repair it once it becomes damaged. A single repair gives you five minutes extra time to get there and pick up your stuff. It's really not that different in terms of chances of losing all your items; you can still save them with a friend around.

Also, where is this data that they lost 40% of their client base? Just curious... :-)

On the other hand, the unbalanced trade issue, is, IMO, quite annoying. Obviously the update was meant to help curb the real world trading and scamming that was rampant, and though the amount of RWT has probably gone down due to it, it still causes a lot more problems than it solves. First of all, it really kills the idea of legitimate players trading. Secondly, free market is essentially dead, which is a huge problem. If player A had an object that he desperately needed to sell, he might be willing to sell it at any price, even if it were 3000 coins lower than the grand exchange market price. Likewise, if someone wanted to purchase something desperately, they might be willing to spend more than 3000 coins higher than the market price. With the new trade limit of 3000 coins unbalanced, it becomes impossible for prices to properly reflect demand.

Moreover, not all Grand Exchange prices are accurate, so by forcing players into constraints around the wrong prices, Jagex makes it more annoying for players who have played before to buy or sell objects whose prices they know are wrong. For instance, if a player had bought a rune scimitar before the implementation of the Grand Exchange and afterwards, the scimitar's price took a huge dip, they may be unwilling to sell their scimitar at only 5% deviation off the market price--the loss is simply too big.

Thirdly, some people are charitable towards their friends (and maybe even family) on Runescape, and putting the trade limit there simply discourages people from helping each other. That's quite annoying. There are times in the game where I want to purchase a couple of rune weapons for my little brother only to realize it was impossible to help him.

Also, unrelated to the update, I say the prices of certain objects in Runescape are simply pathetic and insane. It's quite sad to see people valuing a party hat, of all things at 750 million gold pieces. I mean, come on, at least buy things that have practical value instead of wasting your time on something that's nothing more than just for show. The sadder thing of course, is that Jagex will have a hard time getting rid of these items (or making them non tradeable) since the players who have spent so much time saving up to 750 million gold and then bought the hat only to find it worthless will become really angry. After all, 750 million is no chump of cheap change...

On another note though, I say that Runescape as a model of a government-controled market is quite interesting...

Now something addressing the bots: I always thought Jagex should've thought through this one a little more--one of the reasons many people use macros to do certain tasks for them is, obviously because those tasks are highly boring. No user would be stupid enough to get macro to perform a quest since those are relatively engaging and interesting.

A game's fun factor goes down quite a bit when it employs constant repetition to get people to stay in the game. Runescape would be much more interesting if Jagex allowed these tasks to be automated so that a player could set their character to do something and leave them to do that for some period of time (say 4 hours), and then come back 4 hours later to pick up the results. Jagex doesn't seem to realize that people would never bother using macros if the game were designed in a way that engaged their mind fully during all hours of gameplay. The way it's currently designed, a large chunk of the time is spent doing repetitive actions like a robot--and being programmers, shouldn't they know that all repetitive tasks deserve to be automated? :-D

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

Hacked

Runescape

How come my account keeps on getting hacked as I havent downloaded or subscribed to anything where I give my password to people or web sites? please help me as it is getting very annoying trying to log in when the person who keeps hacking it and changing the pass. I really need help as I have given up too much of my time to give the account up to this lowlife.So please help me I beg you.

-reply by harry