xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dino-m

Mozilla Firefox Or Opera? What is better?

There are loads of "What do you think about Firefox" and "Firefox vs. X" threads. Could you please, please, at least try to make this thread interesting by bothering to write why you prefer Firefox to Opera?

Do you like the user interface better, or is it the community, is it the open sourc thing? Why!? Why do you use Firefox?

I <3 Firefox. Its interface is small navigation bar at the top is so small that sometimes my mouse misses the buttons. I also like the fact that you can customize it to your heart's desire. Of course, the tabs come in handy too.I've seen screenshots of Opera, and I don't like it. First, Opera is not free (there are free versions of course, but I don't think it's worth it). Second, the free version of Opera is clunky - worse than IE.

How is the free version of Opera clunky? The only differnce is that you have a small Google ad at the top, other than that there is no change. It's just as fast as the pay-version,

That's the thing - ads or ad (however you look at it). I don't like it in anyway, but that's just my opinion. I mean, I understand their reason for putting ads on their browser, but I don't use it

I?ve never tried Opera but people usually say that is better than Mozilla. I never received any reason why :angry: I find Mozilla a very handy browser... the tabs feature is really good (don?t know if Opera has it) and anyway, I think we have to be united using one browser as a real alternative to Explorer monopoly. For that reason, I choose Mozilla which has a bigger community of users.

I have used a lot Internet Explorer, Opera and now Mozilla Firefox. Anyway Opera is much better then Internet Explorer (in fact anything is better then Internet Explorer but this is well know by everybody these days). At first I used Internet Explorer because it simply came with Windows and I wasn't surfing to much so it kind of didn't matter. But than I started surfing more and I realised that Internet Explorer sucks (big time). So since I hate Microsoft so much I sad what the hell and downloaded Opera. It is trully much better that Internet Explorer and the best thing about it (other then the fact that it is the fastest browser on earth...just my opinion) is that is has lots of options. For example you can duplicate a tab just by one click without having to open a new tab and write the adress again. But after half an year I realized that Opera has some big bugs that led to crash (not computer crashes but browser crashes so I downloaded Firefox. So now I use Firefox which is (in my opinion) great.Great is also the fact that the popularity ranking of Internet Explorer is falling (lost 6% since the release of Firefox 1.0 Not PR). I think Microsoft feels the taste of defeat ... :angry:

I use mozilla firefox and I'm quite satisfied with it. However I keep using Internet explorer from time to time due to certified sites which IE only uses. Opera - I've not used and I don't know how to compare with it. I've seen the preview it looks good too.

I Use Mozilla Firefox tooi think Mozilla Firefox is fast and nice and easy to work without any software for slowing browser and ...Mozilla Firefox is secure

I love opera! There's alot more to do in Opera, and I think it's for the advanced users... Normal users will never understand the program... Anyway... It has the same features as Firefox, like tabbed browsing etc... In addition, you can start from last time, and that's a feature I use all the time...Opera is BEST, but Firefox is easier to use.

I find Mozilla a very handy browser... the tabs feature is really good (don?t know if Opera has it) and anyway, I think we have to be united using one browser as a real alternative to Explorer monopoly. For that reason, I choose Mozilla which has a bigger community of users.

Opera was one of the first, if not the first browser to have tabs.

I don't agree at all with your view that there has to be one browser as an alternative to IE. In fact I think that it the big problem with IE, that it is just one browser dominating the market, having Firefox or the Mozilla Suite take over as one dominant browser would be almost as bad as it is now.

I would like to see not just more Firefox and Opera users, I'd like to see more alternatives. So I hope K-Meleon matures soon, and perhaps that a KHTML based browser gets made sometime.

In the world of software, just like in biology, diversity is a good thing.

Mozilla Firefox: latest in the explorer utilities, it has a way of blocking popups and spyware coming into ur pc and making ur pc s**t. It lets u use proxies and it is very user-friendly. It does have its down sides, some files over the internet u cannot open hence u sometimes have to use internet explorer. What i really adore about ff is that u can add new tabs to the same explorer so that u dont have to waste space at the bottom of ur windows. It also has this password manager oppurtunity where u just chooseif u want to save the password or not and believe it or not it does save it unlike internet explorer. I say all people go with this for less popups/or bannersOpera: This is like the mozilla firefox but has just a little differences. It doesnt block ALL the popups that would occure with the site and it also has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. It also has the option where u can put in ur proxy but it doesnt have as much choices as ff does.