xisto Community

Have any of u tried Ares?? I prefer it over any other software mainly because of its clean interface, no ad/spyware and really fast download speeds. If there is any other better client please let me know so i can use that instead!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to use ares and I liked it.

Now however I use limewire. I find the download speeds are faster and theres more search results.

I use Shareaza, because it connects to three networks (gnutella2, eDonkey 2000, and gnutella1) It has a easy to use interface, which you can chose to have advanced features.

I've used Kazaa Lite K++, Ares, LimeWire, BitTorrent, Azureus, and BitComet. So far, I feel that LimeWire is most versatile. Kazaa found a lot of files and it never stopped searching, but it did have some viruses and stuff on it. Ares didn't seem to find as much, but sometimes my files from Kazaa would just be silent and then there would be these high-pitched taps once in a while... Limewire's good and you can even get the free client and then upgrade to the paid client by downloading it. BitTorrent is nice for larger files, ie DVD Rips, only because LimeWire doesn't find the variety of the same file that Kazaa used to. For example, I downloaded a movie, GW: Endless Waltz off Limewire, 275MB. It was off of TV, so the station injected it's logo into the corner throughout the movie and broke off at some spots for a short 1 sec full screen animated logo once in a while. The quality was crap. Then I searched for a torrent and found a 700MB DVD rip for BitTorrent. Amazing quality and uncut. I suggest getting 1 or 2 of these, any combination, a primary and a backup :D Just test them out till you find a good duo.

Well to not get sued while using these programs, the only way is to turn off sharing. Thats what I do and I don't have to worry about the RIAA trying to sue me. Thats all you have to do, just turn off sharing. If you want more protection, look up PeerGuardian, I also use that when I'm downloading off of BitTorrent (BitTorrent is the best =D). Also look up Protowall that is also a good program. I use both. For P2P, I use Limewire Pro, IMO I think that is one of the, if not the best P2P program out there. It has no spyware at all. iMesh, Kazza and all of them out there are all infected with adware and crap, I just don't have the time to deal with that. Also Limewire Pro is the fastest, much more faster than Kazza, iMesh and them, trust me on this one.

I also use Shareaza. Cool, skinnable interface, and (as was mentioned earlier) connects to three networks simultaneously.The best thing about Shareaza (aside from being free) is that it DOES not contain any spyware.However- lately- I have been running into more and more virii infected files. I would urge new users to be cautious. I use Norton AV 2005/ Norton Internet Security 2005, and a number of the infected files are not detectable by scan.For the uninitiated, I stress the necessity of common sense. If you're downloading a file that should at least be a couple of megs big, SKIP the results that only show at like, 20 KB :lol:You can almost be guaranteed that a file is infected if it is of one of the following (but not limited to these) sizes: 22, KB, 242 KB, 424 KB, 851 KB, 365 KB, 368 KB, etc.Sadly enough, sometimes my queries have returned nothing BUT infected files.If you're unsure about whether a file is safe- try this:See if the person offering the file allows browsing. If it is a virii, then you will see dozens of other files of various names but of the exact same size. Hope this helps.

I mainly use mirc downloads. They are way better then any of the other file sharing programs. This, you download the files from servers which usually have great speeds which makes for fast download. To find these downloads for mirc, just search google for irc search engines. My favorite is packetnews.comBit torrents are okay as long as you can find a nice server with good speeds, otherwise it just sucks.Kazza just sucks.

Well the P2P sharing programs offer a lot of spyware (kazza, etc.) that slows down your computer by upto 75%. If you want to get a sharing program I suggest Limewire because its not spyware and no ads. Shareaza is also a good one to get for the share program because it has connections to every P2P program.