xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NilsC

Change In Hosting Packages For All Members This is a copy of emails sent 3/21/05

I'm not saying codes quoting... i do that!!!!!!!!

i'm going to give u an example...

this is the first post:

To all members of Xisto.com,
Management is pleased to inform you that we have made this great hosting even better and easier to obtain.

There are still 2 plans offered:
Plan1 is an introductory package for those who canât wait to get started. 20 MB with 500 MB, 10 hosting credit.
Plan 2 is the new default package and is based on the old package 4 but with more bandwidth. 150 MB with 3GB Bandwidth, 30 hosting credit.

Part 1 is for hosted members.
The changes are to the packages and to the way they are obtained, users with package one have no changes. If you have package 2 you now have 150MB-diskspace and 5GB of Bandwidth. We still have unlimited email and databases but it will show only 99 in cPanel. If you need more than 99 databases or email addresses you can ask for the change when you have 95 working databases or when you have 95 active email.
Hosted users with package 1 can ask for upgrade to package 2 at any time after you have 30 or more hosting credits. No more post counting, everything is based on your hosting credits and the quality of your posts.

Part 2 is for new members.
There are only 2 plans now, you can post and ask for hosting when you have 10 hosting credits and you will receive the introductory package (Package 1) or you can wait until you have 30 hosting credits before you ask for the default hosting (Package 2). What you have to keep in mind is that you must follow the rules and not have any warnings or negative reputation. If you are found breaking the rules you will not receive hosting until you follow the rules.

This part is for both new and hosted members:
If you apply for hosting or for an upgrade and we deny it, you will know because we deleted your request. If your post is closed with a reply from an Administrator you were approved and an email will arrive shortly.

If you ask for hosting or upgrade and your profile is not correct, fake email or non working email and you ask us to re-send the token you will loose 10 hosting credits and have to make that up before you can setup or update the account.

and then say something like.. YEAH, VERY COOL!, thanks astahos!

... they DON'T NEED QUOTING TO SAY THAT!!!

don't u agree???

To all members of Xisto.com,

Management is pleased to inform you that we have made this great hosting even better and easier to obtain.

There are still 2 plans offered:

Plan1 is an introductory package for those who canât wait to get started. 20 MB with 500 MB, 10 hosting credit.

Plan 2 is the new default package and is based on the old package 4 but with more bandwidth. 150 MB with 3GB Bandwidth, 30 hosting credit.

Part 1 is for hosted members.

The changes are to the packages and to the way they are obtained, users with package one have no changes. If you have package 2 you now have 150MB-diskspace and 5GB of Bandwidth. We still have unlimited email and databases but it will show only 99 in cPanel. If you need more than 99 databases or email addresses you can ask for the change when you have 95 working databases or when you have 95 active email.

Hosted users with package 1 can ask for upgrade to package 2 at any time after you have 30 or more hosting credits. No more post counting, everything is based on your hosting credits and the quality of your posts.

Part 2 is for new members.

There are only 2 plans now, you can post and ask for hosting when you have 10 hosting credits and you will receive the introductory package (Package 1) or you can wait until you have 30 hosting credits before you ask for the default hosting (Package 2). What you have to keep in mind is that you must follow the rules and not have any warnings or negative reputation. If you are found breaking the rules you will not receive hosting until you follow the rules.

This part is for both new and hosted members:

If you apply for hosting or for an upgrade and we deny it, you will know because we deleted your request. If your post is closed with a reply from an Administrator you were approved and an email will arrive shortly.

If you ask for hosting or upgrade and your profile is not correct, fake email or non working email and you ask us to re-send the token you will loose 10 hosting credits and have to make that up before you can setup or update the account.

I'm not saying codes quoting... i do that!!!!!!!!

i'm going to give u an example...

this is the first post:

and then say something like.. YEAH, VERY COOL!, thanks astahos!

... they DON'T NEED QUOTING TO SAY THAT!!!

don't u agree???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I completly agree with you rapco..

I would never do such a thing... :P:o:P j/k

VG

So am I right in saying that you get at least 1 hosting point for each post that is of decent length and content? Because if I am, what are you complaining about? If I felt like it I could get 30 creds today. I started today and have posted about 10 times, and thats only because I wrote very extensive messages. Anyways, thank you Xisto for the upgrades.... much appreciated. Lastly does anyone know if there is a max file size for the uploads??

Bah..you're lucky...I had to have 50 credits to activate my upgraded package :P

No, once it is upgraded then you will automatically be dropped to 3 hosting creds.  Each credit = one day that your site can remain up.  If your hosting credits reaches 0, or a negative number, then your site will be temporarily suspended until you have at least 4 hosting credits again, at which point it will be reactivated.

If your site is suspended for more than 30 days, then it is deleted from the servers completely and irreversibly.

I believe that is correct, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers! :P

ignition

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it true that each credit = the amount of days that ur site can stay up? that doesnt sound very good... =S

Is it true that each credit = the amount of days that ur site can stay up? that doesnt sound very good... =S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup. Thats true. Well, you gotta do something at least to keep your account alive, i.e. come post in this board. That's how you earn credits. Think of it as your virtual currency - this method is to ensure that only active members can keep their site up - that's how this hosting service runs - in conjunction with the board. Otherwise, most people just come here, make some posts to get the required credits and once they get hosting, they never come back to the board again...

So it is clearly stated in our Introductory text:

Xisto

=============

Xisto strives to be one of the best professional free web hosting service providers. We have targeted this site to provide the Best free web hosting solutions for "Talented Minds"!.

So, If you have talent and knowledge to Contribute, Jump in and start contributing at our forums right away!!

Else, We request you to join our partner Free web hosting site (Xisto.com) with exactly same features.

Our Forums are targetted, hence we ask talented members to stay at Xisto and we request the rest to shift to Xisto where the forums deal with more general topics.

Source: Introduction to Hosting Services

The rule is - No Post, No Host :P

Yup. Thats true. Well, you gotta do something at least to keep your account alive, i.e. come post in this board. That's how you earn credits. Think of it as your virtual currency - this method is to ensure that only active members can keep their site up - that's how this hosting service runs - in conjunction with the board. Otherwise, most people just come here, make some posts to get the required credits and once they get hosting, they never come back to the board again...

So it is clearly stated in our Introductory text:

The rule is - No Post, No Host :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, and that's completely reasonable, but i was just a bit confused about how it works. So, for example, if I had a website hosted here, for everyday that it's up, would that automatically delete a credit point from my current overall amount?

I just want to clear it up :P

Yup that's how it will work. Say for your earlier post you gained around 10 credits. That means your web-hosting account will remain active for next 10 days, 1 credit being deducted from your total pile-up for every real-world day. If you don't come and make some more posts here by the end of these 10 days, your account (not this one) - the hosting account i.e. your web-site will be indefinitely suspended. However, if you come back and make enough posts to get around 5 credits (which isn't difficult at all and can be done in just 1-2 posts), you web-site will get re-activated automatically. But please allow ONE HOURS time after you've gained the required 5 credits for the site to be up again. That's how the system works. Finally, say you don't come back at all - nor do you make any posts. Your credits keep going down by 1 per day and when it reaches -30 (i.e. a months time) - your hosting account is cancelled for good and you'll have to make a new request again. So in case you foresee a situation where you won't be able to come for a month and make posts, you're advised to gather enough credits to keep you running for 20-25 days. That way you can safely be off for your vacation :PBest regards,m^e

I found this free hosting site from eBaum's world. The description of Xisto was great. It seems easy enough and I can't wait to start collecting the credits for free webspace.

Notice from moonwitch:
Post editted due to a LONG quote which was completely unnecessary

Yup that's how it will work. Say for your earlier post you gained around 10 credits. That means your web-hosting account will remain active for next 10 days, 1 credit being deducted from your total pile-up for every real-world day.

If you don't come and make some more posts here by the end of these 10 days, your account (not this one) - the hosting account i.e. your web-site will be indefinitely suspended. However, if you come back and make enough posts to get around 5 credits (which isn't difficult at all and can be done in just 1-2 posts), you web-site will get re-activated automatically. But please allow ONE HOURS time after you've gained the required 5 credits for the site to be up again. That's how the system works.

Finally, say you don't come back at all - nor do you make any posts. Your credits keep going down by 1 per day and when it reaches -30 (i.e. a months time) - your hosting account is cancelled for good and you'll have to make a new request again. So in case you foresee a situation where you won't be able to come for a month and make posts, you're advised to gather enough credits to keep you running for 20-25 days. That way you can safely be off for your vacation :D

Best regards,

m^e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhm - I'm not too sure I really understand.

Someone hit me if I'm wrong or congratulate me if I'm right [i'm not blonde, just stupid!]

If I want to have my website hosted, I'd have to post here and gain credits - which would like money pay for my hosting...? And then each day I lose a credit and have to post more to keep it up...? I'm not too good at posting at new forums :(

its actually quite easy to keep up here, there are numerous different topics to dive into and the people here are quite friendly. Umm yes you are right, you need 30 credits for a new account (the nice one) and then once you get it, your hosting credit will dive down to about 3. After that everyday your credit goes down by one, but if you post at least one post a day it will counteract that. However, the adminstrators here recommend haveing at least 15 credits just in case you were gone for a while and you want your account to stay alive :(have fun posting