xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

How Can I Lock My Winxp By Using Ctrl+alt+del

under win 2000, when you press CTRL+ALT+DEL, a dialog pops up with a lock option.

This is very useful when you print then collect some document and the printer is far from you.

But in winxp, after CTRL+ALT+DEL is pressed, the task manager is come up, but a dialog with lock option.

How can I get that dialog back in winxp??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use "WinKey+L"

I sheduled a task on XP once that made it so that on logon, it shutdown with certain parameters, but since it was on a network and with the account it was one, it got logged off and then didn't follow through with the shutdown for some reason. Worked alright though LOL, locked the person out of the computer basically. So, we left it like that for a day and then fixed it via safemode the next day :( And then the teacher, ironically, said to someone, "You know, we were having problems with that computer yesterday. I guess the admins came in and fixed it." Hahahaha.

The initial post was windows 2000, but when mentioned of Windows XP no one bothered to ask if it was Professional or Home.Windows 2000 ProWindows 2000 ServerWindows 2000 Advanced ServerWindows XP ProfessionalWindows 2003 ServersAll use Windows Key + L to lock the computer.Windows XP Home uses Fast User Switch, Logoff, etc. when using the Windows Key + L.When I read that Windows +L is just a shortcut key for fast user switch and will not work if u have it disabled from User Accounts. I was a little lost as it works on my XP Professional Machines.Hope no one was consfused with this, and I wanted to clarify that it does work in Windows XP Professional.

I sheduled a task on XP once that made it so that on logon, it shutdown with certain parameters, but since it was on a network and with the account it was one, it got logged off and then didn't follow through with the shutdown for some reason.  Worked alright though LOL, locked the person out of the computer basically.  So, we left it like that for a day and then fixed it via safemode the next day :(  And then the teacher, ironically, said to someone, "You know, we were having problems with that computer yesterday.  I guess the admins came in and fixed it."  Hahahaha.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh man.. thats a cruel joke.. :(

Thank u

How Can I Lock My Winxp By Using Ctrl+alt+del

Replying to KlassThank you !!

the tweak you have give is nice instead of a long procedure its easy like winkey+L and it really works in xp ..

-reply by waheed

Lock Windows XP MachineHow Can I Lock My Winxp By Using Ctrl+alt+del

Guys and Girls,Its even easier to lock your Windows XP machine. Just press the "Windows Logo" key on your keyboard and simultaneously press "L" key and your XP Machine is locked. There is a draw back to the "alt+ctrl+del" option even if you disable it displaying Task Manager and it is that you may press the combination but may forget to press "Enter" key or click on "Lock Computer" button and your PC is still un-locked.Try "Win-Logo+L" key combination and that is that, your PC locked.

Cheerio

Musawwir

ThanksHow Can I Lock My Winxp By Using Ctrl+alt+del

Thanks!!This worked for me. I have a virus on my work computer which prevents the ctrl-alt-del function from working to lock my computer when I leave the office for a bit. My MIS wants to re-image the computer and I don't want to do that, so I have been struggling. BTW, if you have any more good ideas on what is the virus causing htis let me know. Nothing ( Malwarebytes, Spybot, Forticlient, etc) will remove the virus. 

-reply by Lash