xisto Community
chaosx2x

SMF - Shout Box Mod Installation Help Requested

I and my boyfriend have created an arcade forum site,We installed a smf shoutbox mod all of the members can see the smileys when they put them in the shoutbox, the admins on the other hand, can only see square boxes with x's ? We have tried to get someone from simplemachines to help us, we have even had them come to our site, but to no avail? can anyone help us ?

what is the version of SMF that you curently use ?

SMF - Shout Box Mod Installation

I'm in SMF 1.1.5 and have trying install this mods and always nothing appears on my index ...

Has anyone have same problem with me here ?

Thanks anyway, and this is <a href="http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=incomepasif&e=com forum</a>

-reply by mamat

I have no idea how to change it... Please any1 want to help me. I tried placing these codes but I'm having a extra '[' on line 118, I'm confused. Please any1 help.lukejenx92 at hotmail.Co.Uk-reply by Luke

Script Installation Help

Replying to vujsa

I am trying to install a script for the first time and have to add mysql database fields into the some php files.

I got these instructions and followed them.

1) Create a folder named "responder" on your web server and copy ALL files in that folder. Chmod 777 the folder, temp - DONE

2) Create a new database and run the SQL file, autoresponder.Sql (If your webhost has PHPMyAdmin, you can run the sql file

There) - DONE.

3) Modify the MYSQL database information using the new database you have just created in the file include/globals.Php - DONE

4) Modify the mail account username/password (main email address for domain*) in the file robot/imap_globals.Php.

Note: For $MailHost, the variable is usually yoursite.Com. If you are unsure of your mail server, please contact your host

Administrator - DONE

5) Open the 2 files: signin.Tpl and signin_aff.Tpl found in the folder templates/signin and edit the paypal email address - DONE

6) Add to cron job php responder/robot/check_deliver_broadcast_messages.Php once at a minute - DONE CHANGED '0' TO '1'

7) Add to cron job php responder/robot/check_deliver_followup_messages.Php once at one day- DONE CHANGED '0' TO '1'

8) Add to cron job php responder/robot/check_instant_messages.Php once at a minute - DONE CHANGED '0' TO '1'

Can you help to just check where I am making a mistake as it does not connect to the mysql datbase as it gives an error. Please let me know by email at: ezeemart (at) gmail.Com

Making the shoutbox appear:This modification will NOT modify any of your themes for you during install - this is to allow you to put the shoutbox where you want it to appear - not where I say! To actually make the shoutbox appear you need to modify the themes to display it. This is a VERY simple process I will take you through below.Firstly, confirm the installation was successful. You can do this by going to "Feature Settings and Options", if you see some shoutbox options at the bottom of this page the install worked - well done!Now, you need to edit a template to display the shoutbox. Most people will want the shoutbox to appear on every page - in this case you want to edit the file called index.Template.Php found in each theme directory - the default theme is Themes/default/index.Template.PhpWork out where you want the shoutbox to appear, and add the following code to the template:Code: [select]If (function_exists('smfshout')) smfshout();You may find that you want to put the code in the middle of some existing HTML, and if you are not familiar to PHP may find adding this is causing your forum to error. If this is the case replace the code above with:Code: [select]';If (function_exists('smfshout')) smfshout();Echo 'And this should fix the error!Editing the shoutbox template itself:If you want to edit how the shoutbox itself looks (for example making the message box bigger, putting it in two columns), you need to look at the shoutbox template. The shoutbox template is in the file called shout.Template.Php, and is located in your Themes/default directory. There are three functions in this file, one does the archive, one does the main shoutbox, and one does the form people shout into. Just edit the HTML in this file to change the appearance of the shoutbox on your site.Please note, if you do change this file I recommend you keep a copy of the changes you made - as if you upgrade your forum in the future and reinstall the mod - your changes will of course be overwritten!Putting the shoutbox elsewhere on your site:If you want ideas for where to put the shoutbox on your page, please read this thread for examples. Note also you can use SSI to add the shoutbox elsewhere on your site - refer to: http://ww38.yoursite.com/smf/ssi_examples.Php for examples of this!

Hii i need help

Hi I want to add a shoutbox at the bottom of my forum, but when I add it show up on the top of the forum, can somone please help me and tell me how I add that in the bottom.

I have SMF Umderground theme for my forum.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

With regards nabel

-reply by nabel

:rolleyes: Hello all, this is my first post on here and hope someone can help me.I am having the same problem as chaosx2x , Template parse error keeps popping up.Here is the code to index.templateHelp please :P topics, respectively. if (!empty($context['current_topic'])) echo ' <link rel="prev" href="', $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.0;prev_next=prev" /> <link rel="next" href="', $scripturl, '?topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.0;prev_next=next" />'; // If we're in a board, or a topic for that matter, the index will be the board's index.// YSHOUT HERE - <head> code global $boardurl,$shoutFile; $shoutFile='home'; $scripturlparsed = parse_url($scripturl); $scriptpath=isset($scripturlparsed['path'])?$scripturlparsed['path']:'/'; $args=''; foreach($_GET as $key => $value) // passthrough $_GET $args.='&'.urlencode($key).'='.urlencode($value); echo ' <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/moo.ajax.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/settings.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[ window.onload=function(){loadChat();}; var shoutFile="',$shoutFile,'"; var yshout_php="',$scriptpath,'?yshout',$args,'"; // ]]></script> <script src="',$boardurl,'/yshout/js/yshout.js?July062008" type="text/javascript"></script> <style type="text/css"> #yshout { font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden; } #yshout #yshout-toollinks { /* tool links (History, Commands, etc.) */ } #yshout #shouts { /* main shouts area */ } #yshout .shout { /* one shout */ margin: 0 0 0; /* Top Bottom Linespacing */ line-height: 1; } #yshout .shout-timestamp { font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; } #yshout .shout-adminlinks { /* del and ban buttons */ font-size: 6pt; color: #141414; } #yshout #shout-form { margin: 0; padding: 0; } #yshout #shout-form fieldset { border: none; } #yshout #forum-name { color: #666666; width: 70px; margin-right: 5px; } #yshout #shout-text { width: 310px; margin-right: 5px; } #yshout #shout-button { width: 55px; } #yshout .shout-invalid { /* invalid shout (shout textbox) */ background: #FFFDD1; } </style>'; // YSHOUT END - <head> code if (!empty($context['current_board'])) echo ' <link rel="index" href="' . $scripturl . '?board=' . $context['current_board'] . '.0" />'; // We'll have to use the cookie to remember the header... if ($context['user']['is_guest']) $options['collapse_header'] = !empty($_COOKIE <input type="submit" value="', $txt[34], '" /><br /> <span class="middletext">', $txt['smf52'], '</span> <input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />// YSHOUT HERE - shoutbox code global $txt,$context,$boarddir; if(allowedTo('yshout_view')) { echo '<br /><b>',$txt['yshout_shoutbox'],'</b><br /><br />'; echo '<div id="yshout">'; include_once($boarddir.'/yshout/yshout.php'); echo '</div>'; } elseif($context['user']['is_guest']) echo $txt['yshout_no_guests']; // YSHOUT END - shoutbox code</form>'; } echo ' </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table>'; echo ' <table id="upshrinkHeader2"', empty Edited by cybergoblin65 (see edit history)

please help me pleaseSMF - Shout Box Mod Installation

I requested to vujsa to help me please. Vujsa can u send me files and walkthrough how to set them like the theme of babylon like index.Template.Php fully setuped thanx for reading this. :) regards ravi8686

-reply by ravi8686

shout.SMF - Shout Box Mod Installation

Replying to chaosx2xYou open you ftp sever account directed to you webpage and transfer to desktop,Edit in either web expression or dreamweaver and copy and paste the intended script edit ,save and re-upload to your webpage,refresh and off you go.

-reply by chef