xisto Community
Shogi

My Website Banner/ Logo What Do You Think?

well,i was toying around in photoshop, tryin to come up with banner for my new site and i came up with this. i used a chrome layer style on top of a red textured layer, then used the eraser to make the bulletholes around the name, as well as the X. used the type mask to create the name and then just deleted so the bottom red layer showed thorugh. used low opacity brush to make the blood. i like it.

the site is pretty much black, shades of gray, and red.

Posted Image

crits?

-----I switched around your topic title and description. Your description was more descriptive of your post than your title, but sometimes only the title is visible, not the description-----szupie

it has a different feel to it then most banners ^_^ I don't know though...the letters look kind of awkward. I can't quite pinpoint what it reminds me of, but i think I know what kind of effect you were aiming for =P good job on it. Keep up the good work =P I'm kinda interested in seeing this site of yours ^_^

for what i see, it seems like your trying to give a hi-tech image to it, is this right???Well if your trying to do so, you are half way there... it has a plain aspect.. maybe the chrome layer can be optimized...

Nice job, Shogi. But your banner looks unfinished. I had some freetime, so I made some changes to your banner. Take a look:

I used these filters: noise, glass, chrome. Just few clicks and your banners becomes more attractive :D

One more thing, all the bullet holes are identical. Try rotating them with free transform or something. Good luck with your banner, you have good skill :D

Nice job, Shogi. But your banner looks unfinished. I had some freetime, so I made some changes to your banner. Take a look:

I used these filters: noise, glass, chrome. Just few clicks and your banners becomes more attractive :D

One more thing, all the bullet holes are identical. Try rotating them with free transform or something. Good luck with your banner, you have good skill  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I think the third edit of Sadas was too much, I think the noise overdoes it, it seems cluttered.

Shogi,

Uhm the chrome, I would put a mild texture on the chrome part. Nothing too dense, because that would again seem to cluttered. Maybe add some dark clouds to the chrome, I don't know. But I'd try to increase the level of realistic in the chrome part. Other then that, looks great :D

i used to toy around with photoshop, and it just works wonders when you create somethin new. i do it to kill time and it also teaches myself on photoshop. i think i mastered the program overall using every function on it.

i used to toy around with photoshop, and it just works wonders when you create somethin new. i do it to kill time and it also teaches myself on photoshop. i think i mastered the program overall using every function on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Photoshop can work wonders after playing around with it a bit ^_^ And, harriko, your second site is pretty awesome. It doesn't come out too good in firefox, however in IE, it looks stunning ^_^

And the three edited banners by Sadas looks interesting...it adds a bit flair to it...but it's also...kinda messy =P

Since your site and black, red, and gray the logo should work fine. It looks pretty good too. Also, is is about a game? Because there are bullet holes in the logo.

nah, its my personal site, showcase some of my art and 3d models, etc. ive got a thing for guns :D hence the bullet holes.i think im gonna go back and overlay a metal finish texture and some clouds. thats Pretty cool sada, but feels liek too much to me. takes the attention away from the name.

It's your banner, not mine :D Do as you like. I just posted my suggestions :D And about your name in banner: if an internet user doesn't know what you are, then your name doesn't tell him anything. So I would prefer more colourful banner to attract more people...

the banner is good but i think you should relief in the sides it make the banner ugly and the blood should be done with two or three brushes one for the blood and one for the highligts and one for the shadows try to use a tutorial at good-tutorials for water and then make a layer for color so it will color every thing to red it is very good but the color shuld be applied only on the blood drops