xisto Community
Shogi

My Website Banner/ Logo What Do You Think?

Try dark or plain black background.Background should not take the logo attention away.Try for focus on your logo instead.Backgrounds are just accessories, you can live without it.

6.5/10 I think you should change the bullet holes so they look realistic. Also the background should look light metal. It seems a little blurry and not so smooth.The white dropshadow doesn't work with the lettering.. a darker dropshadow would look better.The text font is fine but still this needs a little work. You have the color combination, now you just need a little more practise getting the image smooth, clean and realistic.Good effort though.VG

well,i was toying around in photoshop, tryin to come up with  banner for my new site and i came up with this. i used a chrome layer style on top of a red textured layer, then used the eraser to make the bulletholes around the name, as well as the X.  used the type mask to create the name and then just deleted so the bottom red layer showed thorugh. used low opacity brush to make the blood. i like it.

the site is pretty much black, shades of gray, and red.

Posted Image

crits?

-----I switched around your topic title and description. Your description was more descriptive of your post than your title, but sometimes only the title is visible, not the description-----szupie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I kinda like it much. It's plain, but still have that loon'n'feel of 3d. Like that bullet holes. And it's simplecolored Grey/Red - it's a nice contrast. Very nice. Bullet holes maybe should be more detailed. Everything else is good. :P