xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
flippys

World Of Warcraft Should i buy it?

Should i buy WoW?I have heard from some of my friends that it's bad, and someone other that it's good.I have the money, but i dont know what exactly i want :DPlease give me some advice about it :D

I waited for WoW for a long time because I played the the CB and OB and I really enjoyed it. But upon buying it and playing it for a few months, it can get really boring. Another thing is, if you dont play it with friends.. then yes it will get really boring. The game quality is great and the quests are as well, but it can become a very lonely game. One of the down sides to playing WoW i'd have to say is that, most people only play it untill level 60 and stop there. I've noticed there are very few that go beyond 60, even though you can go a lot farther, only because once you've hit 60 there isn't much a difference after that in terms of your chars stats increasing to the point where it even matters. Most people only go to level 60 then just PK other people on different worlds. Or you can do guild raids which is always fun as well. But yea, I played WoW for 3 months, have 2 level 60 chars, and quit. I don't think it's worth it.

No, don't buy it. It has monthly fees for one, and from what I hear the PvP elements are lackluster, and lacking. Sure go ahead and buy it if you want level 60s beating on your level 15 character two days after you get it, and if you like walking for 6 hours to get somewhere. And if you like only being able to play with certain races because the two teams are UNABLE TO MINGLE ON A NON-PvP BASIS!Get Guild Wars instead, it owns all. No monthly fees and great PvP, good missions and no repetitive grinding like in Diablo and WoW.

for all those who complain about getting pked: just play on pve server - then you can't get attacked unless you choose to. although that pro-wow statement may make you think i like i it - i don't. I cancelled my account after playing for less than 1 month - thats $70 down the drain, but you shouldn't force yourself to do something you don't want to, should you? i just found it boring, repetitve and just far too hard - i kept dying. if you're looking for a good MMO, then i honestly can't recommend one., although theres a little unknown one called tibia https://secure.tibia.com/mmorpg/free-multiplayer-online-role-playing-game.php. its graphics are 2d, it doesn't really have quests (you just go around killing stuff, although some quests are available) and most importantly: you can play for free! sure there are some places you can't go, and a few features you miss out on, and you have to wait in a queue to get on most of the time. but its a nice little distraction, maybe some people should try it

I was actually thinking about purchasing this game as well.I eventually decided not to, however, once I had a few conversations with unhappy customers. They claimed that the monthly fee wasn't worth the gameplay, and that it was more worth it to just stick to Diablo II. (They claimed) it was essentially the same thing, but with better graphics.Personally, I've been waiting for another Diablo game to come out, but this isn't exactly what I've been waiting for. What sealed the deal for me not to buy the game was the fact that it lacked any sort of necromancer class, and the games magic using characters were almost useless when compared to the melee characters.If you ask me, I'd stay away from it, but don't let me make the decision for you; you just might be into things I'm not. *shrug*

From what I have heard about WOW has been mixed nuts. Half love it, half hate it. All of the answers are the same. People who love it (including myself) love how in depth it is with thousands of quest, big territory, graphics (if you have the comp to handle it) and the total environment and experience of the game and not to mention that most players aren't dicks like in most games and have no problem helping a noob out.People who hate it say its either to easy to level up or too hard. (I, myself find it hard but once you get use to it to start finding out the tricks of the trade). Theres not much you can do when you hit lv 60. The grinding is boring and tedious (true, but aren't all RPG's? and with WOW its the only RPG that the creatures give you very useful items most of the time). I personally think some of these players just bought online services and are now gripping that they've paid too much or are using hacks (which Blizzard cracked down hardcore on).From my experience's of playing WOW I have found things I loathe and love with the game. Most of the things I dislike can easily be updated to make the game swifter and "easier" in the game. For example for quests: I'd like more flagging on the map when you start or finish a quest to know at least what vasinity the quest is located because if you don't have a clue or help from a guild you can spend hours running around (thats another thing that sux) looking for a quest where you might die immediately or finish the quest spent 2 hours and get no XP at all. Also I've always like "grinding" throughout the history of RPG's (FF for example were great to grind and not get bored), but "grinding" is always boring. The thing I don't like, or at least at the moment is you just don't get enough XP, but you get it in the sense of money in the items the creatures drop. So far my income has done very well for my lv (Orc Warrior lv 20) and the only thing frustrating me is are the quest because of the lack of motivation to go run around for hours. The key with a good RPG is less running around doing nothing and more doing anything. As long as you are doing something you are at least in the game and not bad off. I feel the problem with most of these WOW hardcore gamers that leveled up to 60 in 3 weeks then cancelled their account and began to complain was they didn't enjoy the whole experience of WOW. I've met many level 60 chars that have come to me (at lv 15) to help them with their skills (mining, alchemy, etc.) that is a lot of fun when you can master them all. Theres so much to do and not enough time IMO. Soon enough, by the end of the year or early next year (from what I have heard) WOW Battlefield (forgive me if I'm not even close with the expansions name) will be released and there has been talk that you can lv up too 120. Now that sounds like fun to me.The only thing I hate but I chewed it up and swallowed it was the monthly fee. I had never paid monthly for any game no matter how good it was. I always thought that was stupid of people. You've just paid 40-80 bucks on a game and now you are gonna start giving them 15-30 bucks more a month. Crazy. But hey the game is that in depth and good. You just have to play it like the game is meant and experience everything. Don't just rush through it or you won't see everything. I mean just taking a ride on one of the flying transports (bats, griffins, etc) are amazing. Oh and the buttons and camera angles are great. I don't have much to hate about it because Blizzard worked hard on this game to make it good and they keep upgrading it. I mean they still come out with patches to SC and D II, they make sure gamers like/love their games and respect the gamers by keeping their games working at a high level. Well that was my two cents.

All you need to know is that Guild Wars is not an MMORPG and WOW is a fantastic game if your willing to put the time into it to get the most of it. It is well worth the server fee(just like any good mmorpg). WOW is probubly the most user friendly mmorpg I have played(again GW is not a MMORPG). As far a speople hating it of liking it.....The servers are packed full of people that love the game(even if they do ***** from time to time) so I dont see it as a mixed bag. More like those who dont like it are more vocal about it. Theres litteraly no reason not to like this game unless your antisocial or hate mmorpgs.Get it. Love it.

I'm for the game, it dosent really get boring, you make a guild and there are friends, and the enviroment is HUDGE absolutly hudge. game rating 1-10 is atleaced 7 if not 8 for me.

matt87 : youre a retard, lvl 60 is the level cap noob.WoW is a huge world, easy to meet people and easy to play, but difficult to master. It is totally unlike guild wars, but I cant really say one beats the other. GaGs7997 : "Theres not much you can do when you hit lv 60" Bullshiat. Theres profexxions (for example engineering, in which you could figure out how to make stuff like a goblin death ray or explosives or even a battle chicken) and enchanting and quite a few other ones. The game STARTS at 60.The Bob : Right on.Divest : "stick to Diablo II. (They claimed) it was essentially the same thing" - No, your friend lied to your face. Thats like saying diablo 2 is like pacman. "it lacked any sort of necromancer class" - tell that to my undead priest. "the games magic using characters were almost useless when compared to the melee characters" - Ever see a mage + priest party take down 20+ mobs at the same time at their level?Bottom line is, the games seriously fun IF you have patience (read : alot of free time) You dont really play WoW untill youve been on it for at least 10 hours.

World of Warcraft is a good game if you're looking for a game that you will find yourself spending a lot of time with since this game is massive. Blizzard is always adding new stuff to the game through patches. There are also 8 races, 4 in the horde and 4 in the alliance to choose from with 9 different classes. Not to mention that there are also thousands of quests plus quests that are exclusive to different sides. There a whole lotta game here. But it doesn't stop there.If you're looking for a more casual gaming experience then I wouldn't reccomend this game. Once you find yourself enjoying this game it's going to be hard to put it down. But in my opinion, it's a must play.

well.. i think u should buy it.. wow is a rpg online game.. u r like a 3D person in warcraft walking around.. killing monsters.. now i knew that the highest lvl for it is 60 n i also know that they will be upgrading to lvl 80 like every1 will gonna b a hero..when u bought the game.. u will also have to buy the account.. per mth payment :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously?World Of Warcraft

I know that this post is old, but this is new. Now that WoW has been out a while its insane. As for the fee, in can also be 60 dollars every 6 months, which is, on average, very affordable. Whith the thousands of hours (per class) that you can get out of the game, its worth it. Flat out, if you want a great mmo, this is it. Anyway, since the release, there have been two expansion packs. Burning crusade, and wrath of the lich king. So if you do every thing in the game (expansions included) with every character and every class, plus the never ending fun of pvp, you have 20 years ahead of you. Fun as hell, people aren't total asswipes ( suckit Guildwars!) and over all, great game. Buy it.

-reply by Trinity doom