xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
szupie

Msn Messenger Digital Signature GAAHHH

When I play MSN Messenger's games, an alert pops up saying:

Windows has found a problem with this file.
Name: MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
Publisher: Unknown Publisher

So I went to check the Digital Signature Information, and it said its Signing Time was Thursday, May 29, 2003 5:56:23 PM. Then I read the Certificate, which was issued by Microsoft Code Signing PCA and Valid from Thursday, June 27, 2002 6:14:39 PM to Saturday, December 27, 2003 6:24:39 PM. After I click OK to close the alert, the game says

Messenger games require ActiveX objects in order to play.  Please verify that you have the ability to install ActiveX objects on this machine and relaunch your game.

I can't play any games! I've tried to lower the Security Level to Low in the Internet Options and turn off firewall, but it's still blocked... Can anyone help?

I can't play anything with my messenger too. It says, that "Fun & Games is temporarily unavailable. Please close and try again later."

For about half year I get same message. And no games is working. :D

Maybe you have ActiveX disabled in IE (MSN dislikes any other browser then IE) and that's the issue? I have never tried the games on MSN LOL. But if the certificate is no longer valid shouldn't it obtain a new certificate (it expired over a year ago) :D

The games work on my laptop with the same version of MSN. On this computer, it doesn't work even if I set the Security Level to Low, allowing any ActiveX programs... I think I'm gonna tell the MSN techinicians...