xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
szupie

Your Instant Message "addresses" A whole list to be put here

What are your instant messaging accounts? I just thought I'd start this topic so that we could have a whole big list in a topic, instead of having to look through profiles. You can also include which server and nick you use on IRC too...

My Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo!, and IRC nick (Yeah, thy're all the same because my nick is unique...): szupie
The IRC server I use: irc.rebound.us, irc.webchat.org
MSN Messenger: szupie@gmail.com
ICQ ID: 238724645

I like IRC the most, and I use mIRC for that. I use Google Talk for everything else, so I'll be online for most of my accounts most of the time.

Someone will have to explain how the whole IRC works because I have chatzilla but I've never spoken to anyone because I just dont have a clue how to work it... I wish I did. I've temporarily deleted my IM's to stop the urge of talking when I'm supposed to do coursework so I can't talk to anyone on those for a while...IRC is my only hope since technically it isn't an IM so i wouldn't be breaking the target I set myself. Loopholes are amazing.

Someone will have to explain how the whole IRC works because I have chatzilla but I've never spoken to anyone because I just dont have a clue how to work it... I wish I did. I've temporarily deleted my IM's to stop the urge of talking when I'm supposed to do coursework so I can't talk to anyone on those for a while...IRC is my only hope since technically it isn't an IM so i wouldn't be breaking the target I set myself.

Loopholes are amazing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude IRC is far worse if it is coursework that you're trying to get done.. I was dead addicted to it one point of time (irc.dal.net) and I used to eat, drink, sleep and do a lot more unmentionable stuff :D sitting right in front if this screen 24/7 and typing away to glory. At least with IM you are limited to chatting with a handful of contacts who are online. IRC breaks free of all the bounds and presents you with a truly global collection of chat-rooms. Besides you can create your own chat rooms (known as channels) on IRC and maintain a list of AOPS and SOPS (different levels of chatroom operators) and do loads such more fun stuff... And if you manage to make your channel a little popular - that's the end of YOU man :D We'll never see you again... lol

If you want to know how the IRC Servers operate you can get some comprehensive info at: IRCHelp.Org

All the irc servers in a particular network are actually mirror servers, i.e. there might be 50 different irc servers around the globe as a part of one irc network like DalNet, EfNet, UnderNet etc. - but all of them essentially reflect the same content. When you join one server and your friend joins another one - both of you are presented with a common list of channels to join and chat - you cannot really differentiate between these two servers, coz the whole content (including channels, aop & sop access rights etc.) are mirrored over all of them and presented to you. Sometimes though, the link between these mirrors go down and thus you are left chatting alone with a group of ppl on one server while your friend is separated out with another group on the other server. This state remains till the routers between these two servers manage to find an alternative route to link them back again.

The best IRC chat clients are mIRC and Pirch - mIRC being my favourite. While the basic mIRC might look pretty plain & vanilla, it's got an extremely powerful scripting engine embedded in it that can completely revamp the client and include thousands of cool & handy channel management/chatting features into your client. Also the ability to link to functions in external dll's makes it even more flexible.

I've had my lions share of delving into the irc world and all the scripts/clients/channels associated with it and managing them as well - as I got so drawn into it that I am not going back just bcoz of the fact that I've managed to get out of it. In case you want to give it a shot - one word of advice: FORGET COURSEWORK ;)

All the best...

----------------------------------------------

Sorry szupie - I think the original point of your topic got quite lost amid all these discussions.. maybe you got to start another thread all over again.. lol

Heh, it's ok... Most people only read the first post anyway... I like mIRC the best too, and I've made a matrix-like theme for it. You can do anything with mIRC scripting. Anything at'all! The only limit is yourself... (Sorry, I thought about zombo com again... :D )

Cool Idea...Aslong as my status is set to active and not one of the away meaasages, anyone is welcome to send me an instant message on either one of the following MSN addrresses...c_s_notts@hotmail.comor my so far spam free address which isChrisLikes{DRINK}@hotmail.comReplace {DRINK} with the name of a certain drink that comes from Mexico, Has a Worm in it, usually drunk with salt and lemon, made out of the argava lilly, and is the most important ingrediant in the Tequila sunrise. cocktail.(i will be VERY surprised if any crawlers manage to pasre that into a valid email :D )

I enjoy recieving IMs from new people (as long as they are not boring), but if you feel the need to send me a message, I must warn you that I do not talk very much unless there is something I vehemently wish to discuss.

AIM: k4mi54m4

MSN: k4m154m4@hotmail.com

Yahoo: kamicamui

YUP here is mine.....If there is a Status Message, well HAHAHA...... :P

AIM:DemonFinale

YAHOO:PseudoFilgeara

MSN:LamorianEmpire@Hotmail.com

IRC:256645305 (at least I think thats how it works :P)

everybody is free to add me and speak to me (ow, sometimes I don't answer while I'm showing online, that's because I'm gone and I've forgotten again to change my status :D ).MSN (Mercury): wutske @ hot mail . comjust remove some spaces, just too keep bots away.