xisto Community
Charly1405241472

Gmail Dangerous?

"In addition, by posting content on an AIM Product, you grant AOL, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents and licensees the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt and promote this content in any medium"

That is really scary! I used to use AOL for everything. My old emails could be being used for some publicity stunt in Mexico or something.

I really ought to read the small print on things I sign up for...

Why is everyone anti-gmail, and going on about Gmail not being private, when AOL does this? There should be a massive anti AOL movement or soemthing!

In my opinion this is simply out of jealousy and awe of Gmail, which has of course exploded recently.

If you don't like gmail, if you're scared of gmail, if you think it's a bad thing in any way, then DONT USE IT.

The people that use Gmail (not me) are using it because it gives a great service, with lightning speeds and amazing storage space. I don't see how anyone can find that a bad thing. It doesn't even put advertisments in the outgoing or incoming emails that you send (yahoo and hotmail do this).

Gmail is on the rise, and the people that want to knock it down are just wanting to cause problems and interfere with people's lives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This guy has got a point (I use it and love it!)

Everybody loves Gmail. I love it. My friends love it. It's clean, fast, reliable, and easy to use. Great features. I doubt they would do something like that, and if they did I'd still probably use it.

I personally don't mind the ads. Look, Google's providing such a wonderful and features-packed email service for free and it's fair that they find a way to monetize their free email accounts they provide and make money. In any case, the ads are targeted and not like pop-ups which are totally a waste of our time.

I heard somewhere that Gmail's privacy policy is so messed up because it's just comming out of it's beta stage and still in 'testing' stages, and they need as much info as they can get to determine the best ways to go about providing their service. If they see that their service is being adversly used for things like warez (they have huge upload size) on a large scale, they'll know that they're going about their service in the wrong ways. I seriously doubt that they'd use our information for spamming and so forth... coz then no one will use gmail! They havnt tried to hide the fact that our personal info is being used, and I seriously doubt that someone out there is going through everyone's individual emails and keeping up-to-date with our affairs and soap-opera lives we discuss in emails. Personally, I like the what it offers and all the little nifty features it has. I'm not doing anything illegal over my email, so I have nothing to worry about.

Oh COME ON! Citizens of the Earth! Has anyone thought how IF gmail is dangerous and may pose a threat to our confidential e-mails, they most DEFINITELY be sued or jailed for not conforming into the rights of their company. Google is a company which is looked-up to by many. It has developed and is still develping. We all know that Google's gmail is scanning our emails for detecting scams or junk of the sort, but they are doing it for our own use. Its free, big, and fast. Why waste it? Besides, if gmail is still in closed Beta with unknown bugs and errors, will YOU use it for important e-mails?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do use it for imporant emails. I use it to talk to the dean of the school I teach in about the students in my classes. The privacy of my gmail is also their privacy. But as far as the ads they display....huh? Do they display ads? I never noticed. I don't intend to start either. The world around us seem to full of thing that are just not worth noticing.

I use my gmail account for the more important emails, using this email account stops all spam coming through unlike my hotmail account, which 80% of emails i receive are spam.Personally i dont think there are any major problems with it, ive not had any and i think this email system is the best ive used so far

I don't see why people get so paranoid about an automated script scanning your e-mail and showing you ads, this is not a person doing this it's a computer, nobody is watching your information and nobody is infriging on your privacy, there are so many people not using gmail because of that paranoia and I think it's ridicules.

I have heard a lot about that Gmail is not good for your privacy. Even if is true I cannot stop to work with Gmail because it is too good to use. It is so fast. Its interface is very easy. There are no banner ads in it like yahoo or hotmail.

It doesn't boteher my that Gmail scans my incoming email... I mean it's not like I am using emails to do anything illegal or even worth caring about...

In my opinion this is simply out of jealousy and awe of Gmail, which has of course exploded recently.

If you don't like gmail, if you're scared of gmail, if you think it's a bad thing in any way, then DONT USE IT.

The people that use Gmail (not me) are using it because it gives a great service, with lightning speeds and amazing storage space. I don't see how anyone can find that a bad thing. It doesn't even put advertisments in the outgoing or incoming emails that you send (yahoo and hotmail do this).

Gmail is on the rise, and the people that want to knock it down are just wanting to cause problems and interfere with people's lives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with your point and I think that it is sad that People try things like this because they cannot compete with Gmail...

Also again if you don't like Gmail then don't use it... It's not like Gmail is the ONLY (free) email service out there...

I couldn`t care less, what ,how ,when or why they scan my **** on there.I got NOTHING to hide or none of that, and as roylazarovich also stated it`s a freaking machine scanning it`s not like they hired someone to go thru your ****.Another thing is there are other poeple you don`t even know exists scanning the whole iNET constantly for safety reasons so if you want something to be REALY private just DON`T send it thru Email period instead of *****in about it.By the way the whole "search engine" is a scan or am I wrong and I`m shure everyone knew that signing up ,If you KNOW that they`re doing it (as the most of you do by now) and don`t WANT them to scan your **** then lay of them services it`s not like google holds you under fire and commands you to sign up or anything just go look for another service DONE.