xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Perkins

Final Fantasy X Discussion - Warn if spoilers

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd start a discussion on Final Fantasy X, one of the most beautiful in the entire series of FF games. What do you think of it? Do you like the characters? Personally, I find all the characters well rounded and original, and love the game. I haven't beaten it yet (though I'm pretty close) so NO SPOILERS unless you give a warning at the beginning of you post! :) -Kyle

I finished the game... If you want to know what happened, I can most probably blabber every single detail out... Let me help you... How many Aeons have you gathered, the secret weapons, the scrolls, and your location right now... Tidus is not so bad once you power him up... Its Yuna that constantly needs help... She's really lousy, except that she can summon Aeons, if not, I'll just let her die there... Auron is my favourite character although he is an (SPOILER) unsent... (SPOILER)He is just too cool to be helping Tidus and company, if he is not bound by his word of oath to Jetch

I haven't finished it either. I can never finish such a long game, well long to me only I bet. I like the story this time around because it has people I can relate to more. And of course the game is beautiful and the newer games will be even better than the last. I hope Final Fantasy XII will blow Final Fantasy X out of the water.

I hope that Final Fantasy XII is way better than Final Fantasy X... Anyway, I liked Final Fantasy X because of its great voice acting... Also its the first Final Fantasy that HAS voice acting... Kingdom Hearts 2 is coming out right after Final Fantasy XII... I heard... So many good games... Cannot buy them all!

i completed this game i thought this was the easiest game out of the final fantasy series. i beat everything striaght through the game, i didnt even see the game over screening in the game much. i had no training throughout the game just beat the monsters or "fiends" that came accross in my journey.i found that my friends kinda struggled on the game trying to defeat the boss in the end. they even got the stratagy guide to help them through! and i didnt have anything to help myself. i didnt know there was any secret aeons or gaurdian forces (GF). yes i agree that final fantasy ten was the most beautiful looking. all the video clips were a work of art. it was soo clear and defined, this what makes me want to be a graphics designer. creating 3d works like that. the best final fantasy game was final fantasy 7 that had the best story line. even theyre making the movie sequel to the game. and making side stories of the game. i didnt complete that, thought it was hard. and the bad thing was my memory had been erased! so all that work to do it again! i wasnt bothered at all.!

i completed this game i thought this was the easiest game out of the final fantasy series. i beat everything straight through the game, i didnt even see the game over screening in the game much. i had no training throughout the game just beat the monsters or "fiends" that came accross in my journey.
i found that my friends kinda struggled on the game trying to defeat the boss in the end. they even got the stratagy guide to help them through! and i didnt have anything to help myself. i didnt know there was any secret aeons or gaurdian forces (GF).

yes i agree that final fantasy ten was the most beautiful looking. all the video clips were a work of art. it was soo clear and defined, this what makes me want to be a graphics designer. creating 3d works like that.

the best final fantasy game was final fantasy 7 that had the best story line. even theyre making the movie sequel to the game. and making side stories of the game. i didnt complete that, thought it was hard. and the bad thing was my memory had been erased! so all that work to do it again! i wasnt bothered at all.!

Its not really true that it is the easiest final fantasy game, I think the final fantasy with squall in it is the easiest! Its true that final fantasy X is very easy though... All you have to do is to not escape from any encounters with fiends and just kill them all... Enough to train all your characters up to a suitable level to kill the bosses. Actually the best strategy is to fight every monster and never lose a battle! Enough to be able to last through the game as it is how the game creators made it! There are secret aeons like Anima (Seymour's mother, need to unlock all destruction spheres in the temples), Yojimbo (Mercenary samurai, needs to be paid to get his summon... You can bargain the price), Flower sisters (You will need to have all other aeons first, fight the unsent summoner and beat all her aeons). It has very good graphics too, not to mention the voice acting was GREAT!
The movie to final fantasy 7 is called Avent's children and it features everybody, including the one winged angel, sephiroth! *SPOILER* Cloud will fight with Sephiroth after sephiroth taunts him and laughs evily saying that Cloud can never kill him!(This movie is made after the ending of Final Fantasy 7) Its quite a nice show, but it did not come out in Singapore, so I had to download it off bitorrent!

I haven't been playing FFX very long, I'm behind the times when it comes to games. And yes, it is definitely one of the most beautiful games I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Even the most subtle things, such as grass blowing in the wind as you run along the plains, are incorporated flawlessly. The amazing thing is, FFX doesn't have any of the "out roaming the countryside with random towns popping up here or there" sequences. Even the transitions between areas are fully 3D and rendered beautifully. I can't wait to buy FFX-2, but am going to wait until I beat FFX.-Kyle

I spent +56 hours playing Final Fantasy X and I actually thought it was a damn good game until the plot revelation that everything I had done in the last 50+ hours wall all for naught and this game was really pointless. I can manage to overlook the fact the main character was homosexual, the plot was mediocre, and the gameplay was good at best. As a matter of fact before the twisted revelation about reality, sin, and how everything you have done for the last 50+ hours was pointless I thought it to be a damn decent game. Needless to say I was not happy. I chucked my game case and later my disk across the room and into the far wall and have yet to pick that game up again. The "Story Aspects" as one person had put it have done nothing but cause me more aggravation and irritation in BOTH the Final Fantasy X games.One of the things I disliked was that I completely set up for a Rikku relationship in FF X. Hell I gave Lulu more love than that Yuna c*** but that damn she is persistent. Why did they even give me choices in the dialogue when in the end no matter what I answered it does not affect the story? No matter how badly one treated Yuna or how much affection one showed to the other female cast Titus, whom I now am assuming is homosexual, always ends up with Yuna. If I wanted linear story lines I would watch a movie. Linear storylines are so 1990s. Then again story lines weren't even invented till 1995, 96. Well anyways that is beside the point. Don't give me multiple choice situations if in the end they mean nothing... Much like the whole game perhaps.I have come to the conclusion to hell with it. Screw Titus, screw FF X & screw that blasphemous Final Fantasy X-2. He can have that Yuna c0nt and I will keep the original Rikku for myself. I liked Rikku in Final Fantasy X I really did but now I find myself hating SquareEnix for what they have done to her. The bastards now dressed her up as a wh*** and rob her of her intelligence making her a complete airhead. That is really fscked and is something that short of a truly amazing FF XII (doubt it will happen) I can not forgive. At least give her a decent skirt, a bare minimum of clothes or half a brain. I mean you already took whatever she had of breasts why do you take her intelligence and clothes too?. Why do they insist on forcing Yuna onto me? As if that were not enough not only do they attempt to force Yuna onto me they continue to belittle poor Rikku.After Final Fantasy X & even mroeso in Final Fantasy X-2 I would like to say I have lost all faith in that once king of RPGs known as SquareEnix. All their games since the merger of the two RPG behemoths have been mediocre or passable at best. Maybe it is their association with Disney or maybe it is their agreement with EA SquareEnix is simply not that great anymore. With people like Nobuo Uematsu gone and Hironobu Sakaguchi up for a Xbox 2 game. SquareEnix's Final Fantasy series is now filled with gay character designs and lacks any real content or plot, it is all really so disappointing. For example look at even the upcoming FF XII. What kind of skirt is that?! She is like 15 year old. I dunno about you but my mom would slap me for something like that. Are they really so out of ideas they turned a already bad game with an actual ending (though I hated it) and attempted to make a blasphemous sex sells Charlie's Angels type sequel to it? I mean now even they are making stuff based on FF VII one of the greatest RPGs of all time and I pray to god that these upcoming Final Fantasys do not bastardize what it was based on because looking back to it I can remember it so fondly...I palyed Final Fantasy X and it disapointed me. I went into FF X-2 expecting nothing at all and still it managed to disappoint me. I now see that game is just as much if not more of an abomination as Crystal Chronicles. Looking at FF XII I am now preparing for an even worse game. No I think I can now flatly state that SquareEnix sucks... Sorry if this one is a bit long, and lacks structure its just that I go off on tangents when I get emotional... this is a very emotional matter for me especially after myself being the Squaresoft & Final Fantasy fanboy I once was... Bleh

I spent +56 hours playing Final Fantasy X and I actually thought it was a damn good game until the plot revelation that everything I had done in the last 50+ hours wall all for naught and this game was really pointless. I can manage to overlook the fact the main character was homosexual, the plot was mediocre, and the gameplay was good at best. As a matter of fact before the twisted revelation about reality, sin, and how everything you have done for the last 50+ hours was pointless I thought it to be a damn decent game. Needless to say I was not happy. I chucked my game case and later my disk across the room and into the far wall and have yet to pick that game up again. The "Story Aspects" as one person had put it have done nothing but cause me more aggravation and irritation in BOTH the Final Fantasy X games.
One of the things I disliked was that I completely set up for a Rikku relationship in FF X. Hell I gave Lulu more love than that Yuna c*** but that damn she is persistent. Why did they even give me choices in the dialogue when in the end no matter what I answered it does not affect the story? No matter how badly one treated Yuna or how much affection one showed to the other female cast Titus, whom I now am assuming is homosexual, always ends up with Yuna. If I wanted linear story lines I would watch a movie. Linear storylines are so 1990s. Then again story lines weren't even invented till 1995, 96. Well anyways that is beside the point. Don't give me multiple choice situations if in the end they mean nothing... Much like the whole game perhaps.

I have come to the conclusion to hell with it. Screw Titus, screw FF X & screw that blasphemous Final Fantasy X-2. He can have that Yuna c0nt and I will keep the original Rikku for myself. I liked Rikku in Final Fantasy X I really did but now I find myself hating SquareEnix for what they have done to her. The bastards now dressed her up as a wh*** and rob her of her intelligence making her a complete airhead. That is really fscked and is something that short of a truly amazing FF XII (doubt it will happen) I can not forgive. At least give her a decent skirt, a bare minimum of clothes or half a brain. I mean you already took whatever she had of breasts why do you take her intelligence and clothes too?. Why do they insist on forcing Yuna onto me? As if that were not enough not only do they attempt to force Yuna onto me they continue to belittle poor Rikku.

After Final Fantasy X & even mroeso in Final Fantasy X-2 I would like to say I have lost all faith in that once king of RPGs known as SquareEnix. All their games since the merger of the two RPG behemoths have been mediocre or passable at best. Maybe it is their association with Disney or maybe it is their agreement with EA SquareEnix is simply not that great anymore. With people like Nobuo Uematsu  gone and Hironobu Sakaguchi up for a Xbox 2 game. SquareEnix's Final Fantasy series is now filled with gay character designs and lacks any real content or plot, it is all really so disappointing. For example look at even the upcoming FF XII. What kind of skirt is that?! She is like 15 year old. I dunno about you but my mom would slap me for something like that. Are they really so out of ideas they turned a already bad game with an actual ending (though I hated it) and attempted to make a blasphemous sex sells Charlie's Angels type sequel to it? I mean now even they are making stuff based on FF VII one of the greatest RPGs of all time and I pray to god that these upcoming Final Fantasys do not bastardize what it was based on because looking back to it I can remember it so fondly...

I palyed Final Fantasy X and it disapointed me. I went into FF X-2 expecting nothing at all and still it managed to disappoint me. I now see that game is just as much if not more of an abomination as Crystal Chronicles. Looking at FF XII I am now preparing for an even worse game. No I think I can now flatly state that SquareEnix sucks...
Sorry if this one is a bit long, and lacks structure its just that I go off on tangents when I get emotional... this is a very emotional matter for me especially after myself being the Squaresoft & Final Fantasy fanboy I once was... Bleh

I like Rikku too! Yuna seems a little too meek, weak and has wierd eyes... Well Don't go to the extent of swearing in such sulphurious languages...

I thought that FFX was probably one of the better Final Fantasies in a while. People went crazy over FFVII because it was revolutionary in the way that it was presented. FFVIII IMO was better than FFVII but it had it's share of problems. FFIX was probably my favorite PS1 FF next to tactics. It brought back that "Final Fantasy magic" since the game was clocked full of moogles, airships, and everything else that screams "Final Fantasy".What I loved about FFX is the battle system. Every character played a specific role that if you took advantage of, meant victory. Having trouble with a rock hard enemy? Bring in Auron. His attacks penetrate through tough defenses. Having trouble hitting quick and agile enemies? Tidus is your man for that. Getting tired of spending precious turns attacking elementals that can't be beat by physical attacks? Lulu's powerful magic will take care of that.

From Final Fantasy 8 onwards, Square has gotten in the habit of making their sidequests so obtuse, that you have no choice but to shell out for the Official Brady Games Strategy Guide. I'm thoroughly convinced it's all just a marketing ploy, which has gotten progressively worse with each game. In FF10, I don't think there's anybody in the entire game who even tells you that you get something for dodging 100 lightning bolts - you need the strategy guide.I suppose the trend started in FF7, with the convoluted sidequest of raising chocobos, but even then there was the Chocobo Sage who gave you hints as to how to figure it out. All the secret stuff in that game was concievably obtainable without any outside help. But I defy you to find the Excalibur 2 in FF9 without help.

It is true that Final Fantasy X was an interesting game, but I would not label it as the best one SquareEnix has put out into the market lately, Final Fantasy VII ring a bell.Final Fantasy VII was is possible in the ranking of Final Fantasy IV or VI for that matter. I did enjoy playing the game until I got to the end of it it got kinda boring for me, as of now it just part of me game collection, until I decide to pick it up once again and play it.While still on the topic of the final part of the game did anyone else fill as if you just played through it for nothing going to every Temple of Yevon and all the side quests to just in the end sacrifice the Aeons to defeat Sin, and then the ending, it was one of the most depressing I have ever seen.At least they did make a sequel to this game bring about a happy ending for Yuna and Tidus.Oh yeah does anyone else think that SquareEnix has been gotting just a little lazy when they are putting sidequests into the Final Fantasy games it's feels like from VIII and up they seen to place some of them into the following game, I guess they do this to same time as well as money but still.

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd start a discussion on Final Fantasy X, one of the most beautiful in the entire series of FF games.  What do you think of it?  Do you like the characters?  Personally, I find all the characters well rounded and original, and love the game.  I haven't beaten it yet (though I'm pretty close) so NO SPOILERS unless you give a warning at the beginning of you post!  :(

-Kyle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heck ya i like x and x-2 too...but you know i think they should make a new version of FF 8...thats a good game too man..i loved that game...