xisto Community
Slacker110

School Firewalls

LOL, unless you have a very very very very know how technet at your school, they have not set your bordermanager to transparent. the reason you can get in through the secure is because they have not blocked HTTPS, only HTTP. if you use IE then go to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Connection Wizard and open inetwiz and set up to go through a LAN and check maual proxy and DELETE THE IP ADDRESSES AND PORTS. save and check it out. Learned this through a war with the techs at my school, Cheers!

The security policy at my school blocked students from being able to change the settings in IE. But I realized that if you downloaded Firefox or Netscape, you could use them instead. The security policy didn't block their config screens.Firefox is pretty much on every computer at my school now. :( - AlPal

I had a bad experience with this kind of thing just last week :(I was in my computer graphics course and I had had problems with Photoshop on my computer, so the teacher had contacted the admins to get it reinstalled or whatever. So, I was trying to get onto GMail, but the admins had been blocking all sorts of sites lately, all e-mail prviders that I know of. So, I knew that prxify.us was blocked, and a lot of people know that you can get to some sites through the https protocol, so I try that. And then there's a phone call. It's the admin. The teacher comes over to me, asks me to save my work and let him sit down. Now the mouse had been laggy a little, and the icon down in the tool tray was black, the WinVNC or whatever. These are two signs that they are remote accessing your comuter :D So, the teacher sits down and says, that was the administrator, and he said that you were trying to bypass the firewall. And I was like... ****. So I just said I was trying to check my e-mail and the teacher said I wasn't really supposed to, and blah blah blah. I had other programs installed on the computer as well LOL, which makes 2 breeches of the agreement I made in using the school's computer. So, that was hanging over my head for that whole day, till I had the class again next day. Luckily, the reformatted my computer sort of, the wallpaper was reset to the Windows default and PS was working. So, I deleted the program files of the programs I had had installed, but I can't access the registry due to account restrictions. I'm just glad they didn't do anything further than kick me off for 20 mins of class that first day and that they didn't find my other programs :D Be careful trying to bypass the filters and firewalls :P

i would recomend using google caches, if they have them. i can get on an IRC chat applet with the caches. my school even blocked the loophole to the firewall since some "genious" bookmarked it on a school computer. but if anyone else has any way of getting past them, im all ears lol.

S this thing on the new fire wall at our school called enterprise security sysetem used to we could get by with a simple proxu but they have this new firewall. I need a way to take it down or get around it

Well you can run PortableFirefox. It overrides all of their proxies so you can bypass a proxy server. I am trying to encourage schools in my district to use DNS blocking instead, so no matter what browser people use, the site is still blocked because the network is the same.Instead of that, they blocked Firefox!!! Now they blocked Notepad++ for some reason, no more syntax colour coded HTML for me!! Why don't they use OpenDNS or something to implement the block?But anyways, if they use a proxy blocking method, they will also block external proxies (anonymizers and similar things) but you can still try the browser thing.

PortableFirefox + FoxyProxy + Tor (or a good list of open proxies/your home network proxy) is the way to go here. I use it all the time when I need to get past a restrictive environment at a client site.

Our school blocked firefox. >.<In fact, the only thing we are allowed to go on is Microsoft Office and really old versions of photoshop, an old macromedia pack and lame learning games that the uncreative teachers made in flash.Also, the only sites we are actually allowed on are the BBC and Picsearch.So, I'm going to have to find a way that doesn't involve any proxies but something more that I can download onto my memory stick (once I find the darn thing).

School FirewallsIam tired of everytime I get a website to get around my school blocks they then block it can you help me out >????-Joey

My school runs websense, which seems pretty much to be the standard in all of scotland, or at least all the highland schools. Unfortuantely, this school set it up badly and now it blocks any site the school haven't added to approval. Worst of all, my previous host wasn't blocked, and since it works by means of domain names, I decided to set up a proxy there for personal use, and it worked on a test computer that I installed filtering software on. Those people who used to host me somehow discovered my proxy, and proceeded to delete my account.Now I've given up. I'll just ask the IT admin to add my own forum, which is all I wish to access.

I was at a client site for a week that ran websense...what a pain in the *bottom*! Blocked ****ing everything and even had an application level filter.So, I logged into my router at home via my phone's data connection and forwarded port 443 to my VPN box on my LAN running openvpn, set the protocol to TCP and routed all my traffic through there. Sanity restored ;)

Well....

School Firewalls

Are there any proxies that are subtle for an administrator to find. Because if a proxy took up a big hunk of memory on your computer. Then an administrator is bound to find out! it sucks too is there any way to get proxies that you can hide?

-reply by Nobody

How do I get around my web firewall at school they run lightspeed and every day I have to find a new proxy because they block yesterdays can any one help me seriously I have no more proxies help Please.-question by nelson moore