xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

Ubuntu Linux CDs For Free (incl. Shipping) Grab it right now...

Ubuntu is those who who are scared of the keyboard :) lolLast time i looked at debian, it used a complicated installer.most users needed to use knoppix to install a debian system.Ubuntu is much more friendly to newbies.

Ubuntu is a project of Canonical Ltd. which is located in the Isle Of Man, a part of the british commonwealth. It would be amazing if they didn't accept addresses from the uk. And yes they do ship internationally.

The isle of man has its own linux distro !!!i idnt even know they had a computer.i would love to go to the isle o man one day, its sooo tiny !some of those islands around scotland have nothing on them except for a road running from north to south on the map.and you americans think england is small :)

I wonder what the max limit of CDs are, I wouldn't mind creating a feature wall in one of the rooms out of Ubuntu CDs, I'll just go measure up the wall.By the way I was joking, well kind of...Cheers,MC

My computer repair guy ordered a bunch of these cd's from ubuntu and now gives them away to anyone he can talk into trying Linux. He gave me both the Install CD and the Live CD so I could try it without installing it. I tried it and I love it! I'm going to do a dual boot install this week and I'll bet I'm a Linux convert by the end of the month!

I hate to bring back an old thread but, I got my copies today and I'm loving it!Note: I also found out that Ubuntu doesn't like HP media center PCs :D X Server refused to start and I had a broken shell. I ran the Live CD on another (older, MUCH older) computer and works like a charm!I'm ordering more for when I get my computer building service going, I'm going to offer Ubuntu as an OS option next to Windows... or thow in a copy of it :P[N]F

You can use WINE which can run some Windows programs, they aim to make all Windows programs run from it, but it's still early stages.Depending on what programs you want to run, WINE maybe able to do it for you.Cheers,MC