xisto Community
Amby

God

Hi. My name is God. I created the universe according to my perfect plan. Don't ask why there are problems with it, because despite my omniscience, I can't be expected to forsee imminent disaster. In my amazing love for all of humanity, I selected a particular race of people as my favorite, and ordered them to wipe out surrounding races, burn their cities, and kill their children. Eventually, to fix that whole "sin" problem that I created, I had to sacrifice myself to myself so I would be allowed to change a rule I made myself. Once that was over, I set up a church here on Earth which does more harm than good, but at least they mean well. I suppose I could have planned the organization of the thing out a bit better, but I'm a busy God, and I just don't have enough time to make sure that my holy book isn't mysoginistic and my followers aren't racists. In a nutshell, you should believe in me because if you don't, I'll send you to hell to suffer for eternity. Did I mention I love you?Comments?

Different Gods for different people. Everyone needs something to believe in, even if that means believing in nothing. I think Ben Harper said it best:My choice is what I choose to doAnd if I?m causing no harmIt shouldn?t bother youYour choice is who you choose to beAnd if your causin? no harmThen you?re alright with me.Now, let's go burn one down.

Hi. My name is God. I created the universe according to my perfect plan. Don't ask why there are problems with it, because despite my omniscience, I can't be expected to forsee imminent disaster. In my amazing love for all of humanity, I selected a particular race of people as my favorite, and ordered them to wipe out surrounding races, burn their cities, and kill their children. Eventually, to fix that whole "sin" problem that I created, I had to sacrifice myself to myself so I would be allowed to change a rule I made myself. Once that was over, I set up a church here on Earth which does more harm than good, but at least they mean well. I suppose I could have planned the organization of the thing out a bit better, but I'm a busy God, and I just don't have enough time to make sure that my holy book isn't mysoginistic and my followers aren't racists. In a nutshell, you should believe in me because if you don't, I'll send you to hell to suffer for eternity. Did I mention I love you?

Comments?

58128[/snapback]

Blasphemy? I like it!

You know what, you study theology before you say something like that!!!

58143[/snapback]

I am so sorry to post again but Im so angry at me when I skip the word!!!!

This is what I wanted to say!!!

You know what, you should study theology before you say something like that!!!

I suppose that is an interesting post not from the point of view of the theology but it?s funny literature :angry: We have to learn to laugh at everything and religions are into that "everything".

HAHA that's hilarious. Points definately for you O_<

But yes. I agree. I'm not atheist and automatically assuming you are talking about the Christian religion, yes yes. I concur whole-heartedly.

You know what, you should study theology before you say something like that!!!

You don't need to study theology to make an opinion. Besides, all that was pretty much fact, in a very blunt indiscretion so...

Man. I loved that. I'm so saving that somewhere.

This is getting annoying just by reading these posts, lol. I am not a religious person at all. I only went to church once in my entire life and I dont really believe in anything except maybe christmas. I think its better to just not believe in something like that but just a little bit if you want. But thats just my personal opinion. :angry:

I only went to church once in my entire life and I dont really believe in anything except maybe christmas.

58245[/snapback]

How can you only believe in Christmas? Beliefs are personal, but organized religion has structure...you can't just say "I believe in Christmas, but not the rest of the Christian faith." You're either in or you're out, not that either one is better.

Actually, you can. Being selective in your beliefs is probably for the better. I'm Hindu, and I absolutely love the freedom my religion gives me. I have a friend who's Christian who won't play D&D because it had "satanic" origins and won't give most RPG's a chance because of that. In Latin, we were having a Saturnalia party, which is like a Roman Christmas festival, but she was surprised that you could have a Christmas without Jesus...even though this was several hundred years before his supposed birth. I'm not a fan of creation science much either. I refuse to believe that dinosaurs still walk the earth and that mankind has remained the same for however many thousands of years it has existed. I absolutely love this post, Amby. Keep it up. Some of my friends would consider it blasphemous, but they can think what they want to. The religion has been corrupted by many, and those beliefs still alter people's views today.

I won't take credit for writing such a thing.. I'm not that witty. However, I will brag by saying I am the friend of the witty master who wrote that piece. Ah yes, just being a friend to such a person is a wonderful thing.I think it is funny..I am religious though. I do believe in God. I am not Christian however.. I do not believe I need to sit on a wooden bench with a special name, listening to a man (a sinner) preach the words of a book who was written by men (who.. are what? thats right.. sinners).. I'm sure their intentions were good, but whos to say they did not distort the view of God to fit their needs? So. I choose to live by what I believe is right, not by what the hypocritical preacher believes.Anywho, thanks for all your replies, even the not so kind ones. Just one word of advice to those of you who chose to reply with anger in your hearts :: ligthen up. Amby

When stating a statement like that you need to know what you are talking about, and who ever wrote that did not have valid arguments!!!! I agree that it would make a good satire, if it was true! It is good to share a personal opinion but in order to be fair, one needs to know the material. In this case it is theology.And yes, you should study theology before you say something like that!!!

I think she has an incredibly valid point. I wouldn't call it something that requires theology - She's just sharing her opinion. You guys need to relax. This isn't in the least blasphemous (although blasphemy isn't hard in Christianity). It's just selective humor. Oh, and furious: you don't need to double post the same comments over and over. We understand that you want her to read theology, but who's to say that her friend, the person who wrote this, hasn't done his/her own research on it? It could be entirely deduced from fact for all you know. I know there are several diehard Christians out there who might take offense to this (not sure how) but you need to lighten up. How can you be fully tolerant if you won't let others poke a bit of fun at your religion? Family Guy does it all the time!

Most of us (I suppose) live in a christian atmosphere. Not in our families but most countries in occident are mainly christian, although they consider agnostic or whatever. As I have to tollerate the Church telling people what to do with abort, condoms, homosexuals, etc. which annoys me... I think that I have the right to benefit from the good things, as holidays... so it?s alright to enjoy Christmas without being christian. I don?t celebrate the birth of Christ... only free time to spend with family and friends. :angry: