xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

2 Pieces: Splash Page And Wallpaper :)

i was just working on a better splash page for my site and came up with this:

Posted Image

btw the bg of the web page is black (duh!)

i also recently made my first wallpaper, well.. the first i took seriously anyway :blink: i was gonna upload it to deviantart but i didn't think it was good enough :ph34r:

Posted Image

edit: i made another one with more brushing.. not sure if it's better :angry:

Posted Image

they are both really good. I am very jealous cos i am rubbish at graphics most of the time. You seem to be very good at graphics (i have seen your other stuff.) :angry:

thats amazing i wish i could do something like that. The colors and the effect. If you enlarge it takes away from it. The colors are not that great and the image quality is not as good.But that looks awesome. Nice job

That's amazing, I am pretty good with photoshop, but my trial ran out :angry: your amazing, I think that second was better though (with more brushing). Nice job your good,

I like the latest one you posted. If it were a wallpaper, I probably wouldn't be able to see most of my icons on it :/ But I like it as a splash page! Nicely done!

Just as a question...The renders I have that look liek the wallpapers 3d renders have been made in blender by taking an icosphere that was subdivided several times and beveled, and putting a material and tex on it with a displacement. How were those renders created? I've been trying to figure this out on my own.

Just as a question...

The renders I have that look liek the wallpapers 3d renders have been made in blender by taking an icosphere that was subdivided several times and beveled, and putting a material and tex on it with a displacement.  How were those renders created?  I've been trying to figure this out on my own.

58573[/snapback]

i used a program called cinema 4d to create those 3d renders, im sure there are some tutorials to explain how to make them somewhere (e.g. http://www.pixel2life.com/)

I made some things like that with a program called Bryce 5. Ive only used it three times. My first one was a fire abstract which sucked.

Posted Image

This is my first creation on Bryce 5.

Posted Image

This is my second creation I was testing out the metallic mirror.

Posted Image

This is my third & what I think is my best.

I blended the second picture & the third picture together and created a background for a signature which is the signature you see below

Posted Image

=O Those are so cool. The splash page looks absolutely terrific on your site. You should be a graphic artist or something. That'd be totally awesome. :angry:

Bash, i'll have to say i don't really like your splash, but that's my opinion - pixel fonts are best in caps. But i loooove you wallpaper, make that your splash. I just wondered, you're probly using cinema 4d? Because i cannot create abstract like that in 3ds, theres no matrix extrude but hey. I just wonder why people like bryce so much, ive heard a lot about it but don't know it. can anybody help? I like the silver one made by benz1435...