xisto Community
harriko

Whats Your Best Spyware Remover?

lavasoft ad-aware plus or pro because i update my ad-aware all days and no have problem.

Do you like security you only need use:

Windows Xp service pack 2 (firewall)
Panda platinum or norton antivirus 2005
Mozilla firefox final version (1.0.4)
ad-watch.

This is the super basic protect form -with windows xp-

2) Spybot Search and Destroy
This program will pick up what Adaware doesn't. These programs are both free and together they effectively remove spyware from your system.

You have all Reason

Best spyware remover is to remove Windows from your life. :) Get a life, Get a Powerbook or PowerMac. Super super super duper duper duper "Torture proved by putting in space, and *animal*/humans Tourture"Only use your windows to play games without the internet

I am currently just using ad-aware. It works for me because I don't seem to get a lot of spyware. If you are getting quite a bit then I would suggest using both ad-aware and spybot. Together they will catch most spyware.I noticed that I haven't been getting much spyware since I switched from ie to firefox. It may just be a coincidence but it appears that firefox does a better job of keeping that junk off your computer. So you might give firefox a try as well if you are having problems with spyware.

Get AVG it takes spyware, trojans, and viruses, its better than Ad-aware, infact Ad-aware misses ALOT of unneeded and harmful spyware. I use AVG pro for taking out any trojan, spyware, or virus, and it works.

I use a combination of Lavasoft Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Hijack This. I also do a manual scan for any additional files and/or registry entries. I usually don't let adware build up on me, but if a friend brings me a PC filled with spyware, it takes me a couple of hours to completely get rid of everything. I also do all this while in Safe Mode to prevent any thing from interfering with my cleaning.Ever since I have upgraded to Service Pack 2, and have installed McAfee Security Center 2005 I do not get spyware or adware any more. I have been spyware free for 3 months now! I highly suggest this combination!

I feel kind of bad because the only spyware protection I have is a free version of adaware....and I still get a good amount of spyware. I can't do anything about it because it is my moms boyfriends computer and really dosen't let me put anything on his computer so I have to put it on secretly

The scary part is that even Spybot and Adaware doesn't get rid of everything (as shown by scans on different spyware removers) and there will always be spyware on your computer regardless of how you go about tackling it.

The new Microsoft Spyware Beta has been doing good my computer. It has free updates and it scans your memory for spyware too. Lavasoft is the the best I found to eliminate the most spyware for your computer. It has plug ins that can be downloaded for free or by price.Spybot Search and Destroy has the second chioce of mine. It provides the basics of detecting spyware.