xisto Community
iGuest

Best Fps Ever! what do you think is the best fps ever?

I would definitely choose Halo 2 as the number 1 FPS! It's a very unique game, and that's why it's the number one played game on xbox live and will continue to be for a long, long time. The only time I can forsee it dropping to the number 2 spot is when the new Xbox 360 comes out, and that is very unlikely, seeing as the XBOX 360 will be backwards compatible! Everyone will still be playing halo 2 on their xboxes for those who don't immediately get the 360. And those who do get the 360 will still be playing Halo 2 on the 360! I can't wait to see how Halo 2 looks on it!

P.S. to get a free xbox 360 go here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
it's totally easy! The easiest way to do it is to apply for the Napster offer! You just sign up with credit card or even paypal, they won't bill you though, because you sign up for a free trial! Just use the super easy cancellation function under the my account tab before the trial period ends and presto! You've just completed your eligibility offer, and you didn't spend a dime!

The best fps would be Exhumed For Sega Saturn. Yet to play any FPS that I enjoyed more. Unfortunaltey Im likely the only one on this forum that has played it :(Halo 2 was great aswell, shure it was overated but it was still a damn fine solid game. And for the record, people should stop *****ing about there PC fps vs Halo 2. Halo 2 is the best CONSOLE fps, its got nothing to do with Halph Life or any other fps(that is equealy overated by pc owners).

counter-strike!The online statistics prove its the most played online game - just a shame there r so many cheats about and of course its run by steam.... never liked it!

Call Of Duty must be the best Shoot-em-up on the PC I have ever seen! It's smooth lovely graphics, wonderful weapons and the tactical strategies you have to use. I must comment of the graphics of the explosions because normally an explosion on some of the old games, looks really bad - but the sound and texture of the explosion is wonderful!The Game graphics are superb with every textured seemed to be described on the gun you hold (or grenade). The enemies or allies you see almost look like real humans battling with you on your side or against you. There isn't a dramatic scene when you die - just a little cutscene which is good (unlike golden eye on the N64 with blood rolling down the screen and wierd music). The Landscapes are wonderful to battle over and it feels like you really are in World War II.The Weapons are fantastic. From pistols that can shoot a bullet at a time to heavy machine guns, firing explosive shells at every direction. The Guns look so real and almost fell as though you are holding them in your hand. There are plenty of weapons to receive whilst playing the game (Anyone out there like to pick people's heads with snipers? Well there are some really nice sniper guns in this game!). There are appearances like the tommy gun from many shoot-em-up games. I prefer the pistol because it is very accurate and it doesn't shoot all over the place like machine guns do!The enemies aren't all that dumb in this game (On some of the older games, enemies just walk out and decide to shoot), they hide behind crates, sniper from windows and even lay down in grass and get camoflaged! They look like real people and to have a team of men beside you (well on most of the missions) is a great honor! They really do help in this game where as most games it just looks like they are shooting when really they are doing nothing!The scenery is wonderful! There are brillaint trees with almost every texture brought out on them, grass and lakes without reflective water and even proper trenches for you to hide in whilst facing the enemy. It is a real experience to be fighting in the World War II and really makes you feel about how it must of been.There is only one real problem about Call Of Duty, The online bit of it. There is an option where you can play it online with other people, but I found it quite slow (and I have a DSL broadband connection). I suppose it depends of what connection you have, but mine didn't actually go fast at all and eventually crashed! The online games looks really good - it's just a shame it is so slow. Sometimes you are just walking about, then all of a sudden you are stuck still then it jams, then you are way ahead like you had been walking for ages!Call Of Duty is a must have if you enjoy Shoot-em-up games and is brilliant. There are vehicles later on in the game like trucks and tanks. The guns are superb and the game is addictive. Definitely the best FPS ever ! :(

FirstPersonShooters are best with the most amount of people possible.In my town there used to be a computer 'cafe' I guess you'd call it. It was basically like a computer arcade set up with about 40 computers hooked up to a network. We used to play Diablo 2, Starcraft and things like that on their. Until... Counterstrike. Oh man was that amazing. We'd all play together against some Computers and it'd be amazing. I have to say that, that game was astounding and it was a bunch of laughs. Rainbow Six for N64 was spectacular in its time as well. That was a lot of fun, and I don't think anyone can deny Perfect Dark it's props. That had some of the best stages for any FPS I think. Not to mention the legendary GoldenEye for 64 as well. Definitly an amazing game. Between the stages and all it's weapons it definitly set the stage for FPS later on in life. Not to mention DUCK HUNT! That game is broke so many boundaries and created a whole genre of arcade games soon after. Trust Nintendo for the best FPS on a console.

The best FPS in my opinion is Halo 2, but Halo: Combat Evolved comes second. Although Halo 2's cliff hanging ending, its MULTIPLAYER totally makes up for it.XBOX Live would keep you playing for hours and research shows that the average person who plays Halo 2 on XBOX Live plays for about 1- 2 hours. That's like watching a whole movie.

My favorite is Golden Eye 007 for Nintendo 64!!! That games kix azz!!! I gotta admit i'm a halo fan too. I'm feelin Socom 2, and i'm addicted to online game. Of course you can't lay off counterstrike and half-life!!!

Why do you even ask this question? I thought it is common knowledge that Half-Life is the best FPS game ever. December 1997 gave us Id`s Quake II the most anticipated FPS of those times, then Epic`s Unreal the game with best graphics up until then went gold in March of 1998 and while everyone was stil busy arguing which game of the two is the ultimate FPS, Half Life came out in Q4 of 1998 and united the FPS gamers in opinion that Half Life is the Coming! They don`t make games like that anymore, that would be so far ahead of competition to unite the whole FPS gaming community behind them.

I'm going to have to go with Battlefield 2. There are so many elements that keep me playing. Vehicles, Infantry classes, and the new commander mode. It's also pretty fast paced because you don't have to wait for respawns unlike Counter-Strike: Source.

The best games I've ever played are :1. Half-Life 2 ; 2. Doom 3 ;3. Quake 4 ;4. Painkiller ;5. Return to Castle Wolfenstein ;6. Counter-Strike : Condition Zero ;7. Jagged Alliance 2 ;8. Enter the Matrix.-Kalos Kaszan

BEST OF THE BEST ARE:

Best Fps Ever!

PC

1:Duke Nukem 3D

2:Quake 1

3:Half-Life 1

4:Unreal Tournament 1999

5:Counter-Strike

-Sh4d0w_666