xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Baldurs Gate anyone ever wish...

Never heard of Balder's gate but i did play Lionheart before. Judging by your comments, Black isle seems to be a pretty good company, what with all that 3D and great game storyboard. ;) What is Baldur's Gte about anyway? Does it have a complicated story based on it? (I love RPGs with big stories related to it ;) )

I played baldurs gate 1 and beat that one several times. The 2nd one was kinda long and I got very far into it. But I don't think I ever actually beat it. It was a good series, and a good game. Especially liked the pause button and then u could give commands to your characters. I like Baldurs Gates rules but the D&D rules would be cool to see as well.

In baldur's gate you are one of the spawn that the God of murder Bhaal created before he was destroyed in the times of troubles. Your main "Enemy" in the first part is a mage named Irenicus who wishes to use your powers for his own devious plans. That's the base plot, but there are hundreds of quests to be done before you actually fight irenicus :P staying true to the long RPG form;) I would go and throw myself at the foot of Black Isle's headquarters and declare servitude to them if they'd make a new Baldurs Gate:) :P

baldurs gate 1&2 were the best real time role playing games i have ever played (fallout is also may favourite but it is based on round system). I have finished game about four times, but my best play was when I have played as kensai warior with two katana swords :lol: the plot is complicated but understanable for ordinary player, without thinking you would stand in fisrt location and see how goblins kill your team ...the other similar game is icewind dale, i saw only second part and played some long hours but becous of creating whole team on the beginig we do not struggle wich npc add to our team. but that disadvantego (in my opinion) is repaired with faster action.