xisto Community
tattoopunk

Cult Films you know you love them

Troma:Toxic Avenger 1,2&3, I've heard rumers of a 4th film, any truth there?Surf Nazis Must Die - just awsomeCanibal: The MusicalGeorge Romero:Night Of the Living DeadDawn Of The Dead - origional not the terrible remakeDay Of The Dead - I loved it, most people hate itStanly Kubirk:Clockwork OrangeDr. Strange Love: or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb2001: A space OdisyOther:Evil DeadEvil Dead 2Army Of DarknessDonnie DarkoAkira - anime but the manga set is much betterMetropolis - the silent German filmRequiem For A DreamPiBoondock Saints

Donnie Darko was an amazing film. Ive only seen it once even though im aware in order to understand it I must watch it more times, but what I saw, and ended up leaving me confused thinking 'what the hell did I just watch', it was an amazing genre busting film. Frank the bunny is a classic and should definitely be put down next to Freddy, Jason, Myers... All the villains that we all know about.I also loved the Evil Dead series. The original was a classic and betters the other two in my opinion, the sequel was more of a sadistic comic cheeseball fest that even though I loved, I loved for all the wrong reasons, and the third was just... Well, a different genre! It was more like a comic action movie rather than being like the other two. I tried showing Evil Dead 2 to my girlfriend about a week ago cos it was on television but she made me turn it over after the part when Bruce Campbell shoots his hand and all that blood gushes out from the bullethole all over him lol :)

Donnie Darko was an amazing film. Ive only seen it once even though im aware in order to understand it I must watch it more times, but what I saw, and ended up leaving me confused thinking 'what the hell did I just watch', it was an amazing genre busting film. Frank the bunny is a classic and should definitely be put down next to Freddy, Jason, Myers... All the villains that we all know about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Jake Gyllenhaal! ..Now that that's out of the way...

Tell me if you've bought the new director's cut of Donnie Darko (the new extended uncut edition). It's supposed to be less confusing..more added scenes that the director intented to be in the film [that explain the story :) ]-you'd expect them to be in there btw. But i thought the film was great- very interesting..The beggining just didn't make sense to me though...someone explain it to me!! Why did it come full circle???

bleh, Donnie Darko is a film which every single scenester kid out there has seen :rolleyes: Ive seen the directors cut, its all about playing god through time travel and talking to the divine yada yada. Its emo cult hahaTrainspotting is an ace film, I know the book has its own cult, whether the fiml does.. meh its still a great film!And yes Requiem for a Dream... amazing! Good man for watching it :) I really want to see Pi too but I cant find the dvd anywhere!! >.<Cube... I love this film :) creepy / gorey... hope i dont end up there :S

I could really care less about whether a film is a cult film or not. But I really love films which break mold and my boredom as well.Ive seen a few on your list. Loved Donnie Darko, watched it three times. Last was directors cut and it was ok. Don't much care for gore for its own sake so a lot of these don't appeal. Pi was interesting. I want to see Metropolis but haven't had the chance yet. Intrigued by the relationship with one of my favorites "Dark City" and I wonder about a relationship with the anime "Metropolis".I am really in to Japanese Anime. I love all of Miyazaki's films and I am absolutely crazy about Hikaru no Go. There are some really cool foreign films like "Run Lola Run".

haha, I had no idea Donnie Darko counted as a cult movie... The ones I can think of right now are Irreversible (by Gaspar Noé) and Beautiful People (some British comedy about ethnic conflicts in the Balkans).2001 - A Space Odissey kicks some serious mother****in' *bottom*...