xisto Community
chris1234

Giga Pixel Camera

they could be watching your every move right now

Physicist Graham Flint is working on an ultra-high-resolution portrait of America -- a series of gigantic, gigapixel images taken with a custom camera made from bits and pieces of decommissioned Cold War hardware.

check out the link, the photographs are amazing

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

chris

wow! how much is that! i want one now! the image is soooo clear! take one picture of your neighbors window. hehehe. love pictures that are soo clear. makes it easier to edit and make it wounderful! hate usin webcams which are "rubbish" quality to edit with. in the end the picture come out to be about 200x200 pixels to be clear! with this camera it still be clear even for a billboard!

i am guessing but he probably made it by simply sticking the digital sensors together and moved them further back makng a much larger patch (like the old box cameras).the clearness is all todo with the sensors large light gathering capabilities, and of course exposing correctly.chris

wow! how much is that! i want one now! the image is soooo clear! take one picture of your neighbors window. hehehe. love pictures that are soo clear. makes it easier to edit and make it wounderful! hate usin webcams which are "rubbish" quality to edit with. in the end the picture come out to be about 200x200 pixels to be clear! with this camera it still be clear even for a billboard!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, all my neighbors are senior citizens ;)

Let's hope they make video cameras at an equal quality (with decent compression!)

I wasn't aware that they had decommissioned enough old Cold War hardware to make a camera like that, knowing the CIA and all those Echelon theories. :P Anyway, that kind of resolution is ridiculous. If typical image files ever get to be that resolution, they'd have to invent some better method of compression. Anyone with a dial-up connection would be screwed if they didn't... :P

Oh man, if only money wasn't involved in everyday life. That cam is a must have for photo enthusiasts like me. If they mass produced it, someone/some company will definitely buy it...

if i had one of those i could do away with the scanner, and every other piece of photo equipment in my house simple becuase i'd be ashmed of them. But the question is how fast is it? (i didn't fully read the article so i'm a dumbass if it's on there) does it take a while to capture the image?

this is soooo crazy.....our cameras now are not even half the pixels of that photographers pixels....crazy enuff..... y would some one buy such high quality pics? dont tell me u are going to print photos as big as billboards?

i know that is pretty amazing but i wonder how many pixels are in the cameras in the satelites up in space...i saw on tv that nowadays satelites can take pictures that can zoom in to read newspaper on someones front doorstep...now thats what i call crazy.

they could be watching your every move right now

Physicist Graham Flint is working on an ultra-high-resolution portrait of America -- a series of gigantic, gigapixel images taken with a custom camera made from bits and pieces of decommissioned Cold War hardware.

check out the link, the photographs are amazing

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

chris

hii i want to ask u please help me how can i get a free hosting

hii i want to ask u please help me how can i get a free hosting

Look at here : http://forums.xisto.com/topic/86546-topic/?findpost=1064322155 Roughly, you post on our forums, and you signup at Xisto Billing and support, and start posting on our forum.
Your interesting posts will make you earn mycents, and 300 mycents is enough for sustaining a logic plan at Xisto.