xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shogi

Would You Play This? MMORPG idea

Well basically, the idea behind this is that the player would feel like its not just a preconstructed world that he/she is playing in, But one that they have a hand in building and it's outcome. Sci-Fi game, with a squad based element, ill explain more below.

Backstory

Basically the setting is in the future a few milennia on Earth, the year 4051 A.P. (Age of Peace) .  For the last 900 years, the people of Earth have experienced global unity.  There hasn't been a war or major violent conflict amogn humans in over a millenia, though the develoment of inter-stellar travel ahs led to more than a few with other planets.  All of humanity has merged into one co-existing community.  Poverty, crime, and most sickness has ended.  Earth had become a Utopia.  But as they say, "All good things must come to an end....."

Fifty years ago, contact with a new planet was made.  People everywhere were excited with the contact, but things went bad.  In a sign of good faith, the aliens traded with us technology that allowed us to manipulate genes.  While some people embraced the technology, others shunend it, claiming it was playing God. Earth was divided.  Now, 50 years later, the war is still raging.  Because of the long period of peace, both sides were so evenly matched that niether side is capable of winning the war.  The only way for either side to gain the upperhand is to hire mercenaries, a by product of the 50 years of fighting.  The civil war has spread to several other Human inhabited worlds like mars and the moons of Saturn.

Enter the Player

You are a mercenary.  Choose which side you fight for, or play both to gain wealth.  Buy genetic enhancements to become more powerful.  Your actions will decide the war. Choose wisely.

Some missions will pit players against players, depending on which side they work for.

In order to complete missions, players must band together and form a mercenary band.  Mercenary bands can contsruct their own towns and run a local economy.

Features

-Permanent landscape damage: whatever you do will stay there.

-Triumph or fail: either side can lose the war on any one planet.

-join in huge open battles with thousands of other people all at once.

I'm sure theres more in my head somewhere, tell me what you think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice but where can i get the game ??

what do you mean, are you talking about development team members or players?

The development team seems to lose interest in creating the game after a while... Then they decide to do away with many things and make the game very plain...

Would you play my mmorpg?

Would You Play This?

Well, I'm gonna make a mmorpg, sooo.. How would you like it???

BACKGROUND STORY: In the past 90 years, mad wars would be made by foreign countries. But, in 1990, someone known as "Sizuki Maiki" Went to all foreign countries, telling them to stop the fight. As soon as he also told japan "Japan would be known as OUR COUNTRY," Every one would stop the war. The world become, Peaceful, Everyone felt free, Also they felt the world was going to get cuter. But, one day, a japan girl, 8 years old, had a friend from germany when she was on vacation. But, at that time her parents found out, so she could not talk on the phone, they also sweared to never go on a vacation ever AGAIN. But, she would call her secretly at the middle of the night, soon, the same "Sizuki Maiki" came to her house, telling her parents the following words:"Let her be with her friends, How would you like it if your parents didint let you be with your friends?" After he said said, the girl smiled, and her parents letted her adventure out into the world after she turned 18. The wars stopped, it was a peaceful place for her and everyone, she had a wonderful husband in germany and 4 kids, three girls and one boy. End of story. Features: Partys, multiplayer, familys, choose to fight with "Sizuki" "Evil" "Light" "Chaos" "Magic" "Physical" or just make up your own! Alot more features I don't want to explain cause my hands hurt from writing that story...BYE-BEE!

-reply by Sara Mizuke

yes i would but would youthere is only one prob with the game if you work for the opposing side from the one who want the tecnology then why don't you use posions instead to keep the theme of oposing sides