xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shogi

Would You Play This? MMORPG idea

Only, here's another go at the plot:50 years ago, scientists were able to prove without a doubt that the big bang theory is true, and subsequently that there is no god. the world was divided between belivers and non believers. War broke out, and people began refering to it as the second Crusade._______________well what do you think? with that plot idea, I'm thinking of anming it somethign along the lines of "Crusade" or some variation of that.

More like, The Second Genesis. When do we see the graphics. I would luv to do graphics for the game!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish this were a game, but as of now, this game only exists as a collection of my ideas. eveything in this thread so far is all there is to the game right now. hopefully that will change later.

The second idea seems better for some reason... Maybe we could pit technology with skill and ages-old combat skills like banging each other on the head with swords and melee attacks? Its rather obvious that technology would win, so try spicing it up by making the crusade fanatics a little ripped... Like lets say... Resistance to beam attacks as they pray for their god to protect them! Then the technological people don't have this advantage as they do not believe in the divine spirit above... Just my two cents! :)

heh, well that would be interesting, thats a little too.....dependant on the whole religion thing. plu i wanted to create a backstory that would present a level playing field, which is why both sides hire mercenaries.

That sounds good but just one side against another is too easily going to fail when one side has much more people than the other. You would have to add sub factions to keep the scale level. Also wouldn't the gene enhanced humans pound the normal ones? What would they have to even out the battle? That would be pretty cool if the scales can be level.

Maybe the gene enhanced humans are honourable, they keep their word in exchange for gold... As they say, Gold is the best and the worst master in this universe... Sub-factions doesn't sound that bad... Maybe some could be merchants, assasins, champions, overlords and all this sort of thing...

well, in reworking the plot, the whole gene modifying went out the window. normal humans all around.i deally, the scale would be balanced off the bat, but a neutral subfaction interested in simply ending the war might be wise.

one thing i thought abotu was giving incresed focus ( better accuracy, better luck) to the believers, and more power(or intelligence, havent decided) to atheists.

one thing i thought abotu was giving incresed focus ( better accuracy, better luck) to the believers, and more power(or intelligence, havent decided) to atheists.

Good idea! I fully support your idea!